"Something Better" and "Good Things Take Time"

Started by BAG, October 11, 2012, 03:03:55 AM

BAG

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Hi all,

I know i hardly ever get to this site these days, for which i apologise, however I thought i'd (belatedly) post some links of Kayla's work recently for those that have followed her progression from when she was 8 or 9 years old.

These links are from a music festival that is held in the ski fields near our home on the ski season opening weekend at the start of June each year.

This first one is Kayla doing an improvised solo with a friends band, "Marshall O'Kell" Check him out if you like Bluesy Rootsy rock and roll.

https://www.ebutuoy.com/watch?v=9_Pvp3ED0EE

This one is a song by our friends "The Hussy Hicks" that Kayla recorded in the lounge room which i posted a while ago but here she is playing it with the girls who wrote the song. The harmonies are a bit off as Julz and Lisa are used to working with themselves while Kayla sings it a little differently. Check out the Hussy's stuff if you like acoustic based stufff with some great guitar and vocals.

https://www.ebutuoy.com/watch?v=mWM69SHQ398

Nearly forgot to mention...... she was 11 when she did these gigs and has just turned 12 at the start of October.
Just a roadie again.....

Geir

WOW she's really a great performer! So confident on stage and really an amazing musician for her age!

Thanks for the update! Always a pleasure to listen to the progress of your girls' musical journey
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

kayla's coming on great. my ten year old daughter is starting to show an interest in the guitar she got for christmas. her music tutor at school gives guitar lessons to those pupils that show an interest., so if she takes it up properly, i will get her a proper guitar and hopefully she will let me borrow it from time to time. you should be very very proud.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SwanSong

FANTASTIC AND GREAT PREFORMER. if she s this good now.she
will b fab 10 yrs from now or even sooner. best of luck NEIL.!

BAG

Quote from: oldrottenhead on October 11, 2012, 01:05:32 PMkayla's coming on great. my ten year old daughter is starting to show an interest in the guitar she got for christmas. her music tutor at school gives guitar lessons to those pupils that show an interest., so if she takes it up properly, i will get her a proper guitar and hopefully she will let me borrow it from time to time. you should be very very proud.

I'd recommend getting her a 3/4 size electric guitar. Kayla's first was one of THESE. It's so much easier on their fingers and it helps them learn barre chords a lot earlier. I'm sure i don't need to tell you not to buy online. The quality control on these is not great but if you try a few you can find a decent one. I tried all 4 in the town i was in at the time and Kayla's one was the best of a bad bunch. It did hold tune well though after i set the intonation properly.

Both my girls have got decent quality 3/4 size acoustics these days, Kayla with a Cort Earth Mini with pickup and Maddie has a Crafter TRV23EQn which doesn't sound as good as the Cort but is easier to play, particularly for lead work. They are both great fun to play and are particularly good for playing in the car on long drives.

The have both paid for their own instruments however I put in around $100 whenever they buy one (so i can use it myself  :D).

Kayla's latest purchase is an Anderwood lap slide. It's starting to make for a nice looking rack in the loungeroom........mind you, they are ALL relatively cheap instruments. They can buy something serious if they end up doing their music in a serious way.

Just a roadie again.....