Howdy peeps!

Started by Lounging McCoy, October 10, 2012, 12:37:30 PM

Lounging McCoy

I have been lurking and listening for a while.  I figure I might as well jump into the fun.

My name is Hank.  I have liked music since I was a little kid.  I always thought I could write, but I never had a good way of getting song ideas from my head to the world until I found out about DAWs last summer.  I bought a copy of Ableton Live Intro last August just to goof around with.  I didn't have any real plan other than just to write and see what I could do.  Since then it's taken a life of it's own.  I started learning guitar in December which has been a blast.  I have been getting guitars, guitar gear, and recording equipment.  My cheap little songwriting hobby didn't stay cheap very long.  ;D  Listening to songs I wrote and recorded is a real thrill for me.

I mostly write rock, but I don't pass up inspiration when it hits so I have a few soft songs as well.  I'm looking forward to sharing my stuff and hearing more of yours. 

Hilary

Hello and welcome from England Hank - there are lots of rockers on here, you should fit in real well :)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

SteveB

Welcome Hank - nope, it's not a cheap hobby...but Oh, the fun you can have!  ;D
Hope your stay's productive.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Geir

Hello and welcome from Norway as well.

Listening to your first songpost I must say you've learned a lot in less than a year!!!! Keep making music !!!

cheers
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Redler

Welcome from Finland, Hank!!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

phantasm777

welcome hank, i am on my 1 yr anniversary on this site. when i started i was very new to all this and daws. i use audacity, so far it's been the easiest. hang in there! in due time you'll be moving right along!