BBC4 - Jeff Lynne - Mr Blue Sky

Started by Burtog, October 06, 2012, 03:53:34 PM

Burtog

Did anyone see that documentary last night??

I like ELO but gotto admit never quite appreciated just how talented Jeff Lynne is, awesome singer too. Think its time to dust off the back catalogue and give them songs a listen again.
recorder
Boss BR-800

kenny mac

I'm a big big Jeff Lynne fan and his set up in that house of his was fantastic,he could record in any room in the house,wowwww. What a pad.

chip

Quote from: kenny mac on October 06, 2012, 04:46:56 PMI'm a big big Jeff Lynne fan and his set up in that house of his was fantastic,he could record in any room in the house,wowwww. What a pad.

Fantastic were n it mate. Great ain't he... Still has the brummie accent to, marvelous. Being a big Petty / George Harrison fan, I really do like the way he produced some of their most successful records. And he is a very likable and talented musician. And , what a pad, what a place to mess around with instruments, record and wake up. All that and he sounds like he just landed form Aston....Brill, really enjoyed it.
Sweet young thing aint sweet no more.

SteveB

Missed it the other night, and now it's finally been posted to Download on IPlayer- so it's approx 600 MBs.
Gotta d/l right now.  :)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

kenny mac

Watching live at bungalow palace  again,,,,,,jeff and Richard Tandy brilllllll.     The guys so humble,I love the bit when the guy that's filming it says ,I Think you should do that nice environmental song from armchair theatre and he (jeff)looks a bit puzzled and awkward,,,,,next thing he,s out in the garden singing it lol.