Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Speed Demon

Spartacus. Didn't he play the lead role in the movie Attack of The Alien Butt Rangers?

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Tangled Wires

Getting back to the matter in hand, there has been some excellent points made on this subject, and this is probably one of the few places on the net where a topic like this can be debated passionately yet respectfully, and no doubt this will settle down and sort itself out.

The one thing that always blows me away about this site is the fact that somebody in another part of the world is downloading my music to listen to, and to think that a Tangled Wires tune has probably been heard coming from a car in say North America is still fucking amazing to me.

The encouragement and confidence gained led to me submitting songs to BBC Introducing and getting a couple of our songs played on the radio last year was equally mind blowing, and again all due to folks on this website.

To think that all of this came about by a simple decision to buy a Micro BR in 2007, join this site the following year and be inspired and encouraged by everyone on here.

With work and family life limiting my time here over the past year or so, I don't frequent as much as I would like, but this place will always be No.1 to me. The term "life changing" has been used before by others to describe the effect of this site on their lives, which is not an overstatement!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Speed Demon

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

Tony W

I like many of you don't comment on my musical posts  ;D

As many before me, life has turned different directions, and I keep pretending that it's going to get back to normal, and my previous activities will ensue. In reality, I don't think I'll ever get back into practicing 20 hours a week, I have not even opened my guitar case since Sept 23.

It used to be easy for me to keep up with Songcrafters, but now that seems like an insurmountable task. I hate being guilty of commenting on my friends only, so I have been sticking to lurk mode until some change comes along. I'm sorry, not only to my friends, but to those who I don't know and have missed on here.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Speed Demon

Tony, lurking is good. You can steal a lick here, steal a lick there, no one will even miss them.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

Rata-tat-tat

Ok so here's my 2 cents... I'm gonna use a comparison... If a band is a good band, they usually get positive comments from people that enjoy watching them perform. If a band is bad they usually get ignored or worst case they get booed off the stage and are never hired to perform at that venue again... Personally I have been in both good and bad bands... some of these bands have started out bad and then grew into really good bands. Yes I have been booed off the stage and I can tell ya it's not a good feeling. Sometimes the negative feedback can turn positive, but generally it's not a good idea to criticize someone's hard work no matter how crappy it might sound(Most bands know when they sound crappy and do not need outside negativity to ensure them they are in fact crappy)...  Same goes for this site... No one except the person making the track really knows how much work they have poured into that track. I commend those that take the time to listen/comment even if they don't like the style of music they are listening to. The work and effort that an individual puts into the track can only be measured by that person... and positive encouragement can go a long way for a person that is just starting out.

It's frustrating enough just getting the track from an idea to the recorder.  This place has fostered some really stellar talent... I normally don't single anyone out, but in this case... I think this individual is a perfect example... Tman (OsCKilo) started out as an "open mic" kinda guy that really didn't have much experience with performing live. He was never "Crappy" in my book, but I'm sure he had to listen to some drunk patrons flipping him some negative feedback...  He even went so far as to post video's of his progress... the positive feedback he received here helped him along his journey.  He was and is one of my favorite artists on this site...  He took all of the feedback that was offered here and it showed with every performance... he is now writing songs that I only wish I could write. His guitar skills are stellar... I could always tell he had a very strong muse within him... But now he writes songs that are filled with substance and meaning.

To sum it up... Tman was always a great musician... this site helped him to bring out what was always there... Great music!!!
I think a lot could be learned about this site from revisiting Tman's adventure
 ... take a look at the comments... throw some more on there... that's what this place is all about.

If you don't like someone's style of music that is fine... but if you refuse to listen and comment... I think you are discrediting yourself ... I don't like every style of music either, but I often find things within a track that are worthy of discussion... such as effects/ mic set up/ recording style etc...

I also understand that people have busy lives... I too have lots going on and sometimes can't comment as often as I would like... I would like to think that no one holds that against me... or thinks any less of me because of that. I shouldn't feel I have to go into lurk mode and neither should Tony W... Remember the spider might come and get you!!! LOL

That is all... "BE PROUD" Songcrafters

P.S.  BTW yes... Stepping Stone will perform in front of thousands of screaming ants one day... and Eric will single handedly melt the beady little eyes right off of their faces... Count on it!!! I can't wait to share that vid!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Tony W

That 2 cents just cost me about 8 in electricity to read Tod! Thanks, I should clarify I don't feel like I have to go into lurk mode, I just did it, and it's not bad thing. In the last 12 months, I've found not only myself, but a woman who has changed my mind on marriage. I have not popped the question yet, but it's coming. Your virtual bass player met her! If there were two of her, I'd have hooked him up.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR