"All You've Ever Done" a Hook original

Started by Hook, October 03, 2012, 06:47:24 PM

Hook

All You've Ever Done
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Boy I'm just piecing these together real patchwork like, here a bit...there a bit...
Quite alot going on in this strange tune. I'm not a shredder so I cheated on the solo with thumbjam, but I think it sounds cool.with bounces I almost used up every track on the mbr, that's alot for me. I hope to get caught up on all these new tunes soon!
4 uke tracks
1 coins/pencil box drum
1 cymbal track (garage band app drums)
1 bass drum (TJ)
1 bass
1 tenor sax (TJ)
1 Electric guitar solo(TJ )
2 vocal tracks

All You've Ever Done
written & performed by Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Bluesberry

Now i can go to sleep and dream of dusty street markets and hot sun and sultry breezes......thats what I think about for some reason.  You are expanding and exploding................great, great song Hook.  I love your quirk.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

steelguitar

Well done!!!

I love the melody and the chord progression, and this feelings coming from your song

Complex and beautyfull  arrangement, with all these instruments!
Your vocals are very expressive

Jean-Sébastien

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

https://www.facebook.com/TheMAUSS

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

thetworegs

Enjoying your wierd and wonderful side Hook.....Bravo

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

boneonbone

There is a lot going on but it all blends and works together so well.  Love the imagination and thought process that goes into putting a song together like this.  I need to learn what TJ is about and how to use it.  Great job!
"Play because you love it. Don't worry about if it will ever make any money, just understand that playing is an end in itself, and you play music, it will make your life better. And, don't worry about being a star, don't worry about making money, worry about nothing, just sit down with your guitar and let it speak to you and that will make your life better. It will bring beauty into your life. It's a great thing to do."     ---- David Crosby

Rata-tat-tat

Hook this is great stuff... Are you playing your guitar through the Thumb Jam App??? Just curious... not sure what all TJ supports... I did see something about the voice emulation... where it plays what ever instrument you assign using your voice as a trigger... which is really kewl... especially for laying down ideas. Great tune buddy and great use of them tools... LOVE IT!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

bruno

Wow - very cool track Bro. Love the echo on the vox - that is very interesting. The TJ guitar solo was a double take - I need to check that you were not play a real electric. Fab Vox - as always, you set the bar soooo high.
Great track.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

launched

And this is just truly badass my man! That TJ solo sounded awesome too!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Hook

Thanks for the kind words, they are greatly appreciated! This tune felt like it took some work but I'm pretty happy with it. As far as the thunbjam goes, I am only using my thumb as of now. I think Gnasty did a track that he sung the string part maybe? and I heard about using the guitar  but have no idea how. It's so intuitive and the sounds are so very convincing, it really is an amazing tool and has completely changed my songcrafting possibilities...dig it!
Rock on my friends!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely