Something different

Started by RevHeadRaZ, February 02, 2009, 05:34:01 PM

RevHeadRaZ

U&I___02
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This will trip u out, compared to the sorta stuff I usually post, hehe.
It's a little song I wrote for my lady on our anniversary...
It's called "U and I"
Let me know what ya think?
Keep it Phat 'n' Tasty

holdempok

I can only here 6 secs of this at home. i will be sure to listen tomorrow.
Why don't we do it on the road?

Glenn Mitchell

Hey excellent. I'm sure she was pleased. Excellent guitar work. I'd love to learn how you get those fast runs. What drum track were you using? Very nice.
I waited for the words that never came however.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

dragonshade

A very cool, different sound for you. Smooth, relaxing... very nice.

Bluesberry

Clean, mellow, melodic, very nice sound.  There is nothing wrong with writing stuff a little different than your usual grove, I try to do that all the time (I haven't tried any Heavy Metal type of stuff yet though, maby I will before too long).  Really great sounding guitar solo at the end.  This is really in need of some lyrics to complete it.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

RevHeadRaZ

Thanks for comments guys,
I know, it desperately needs vocals.. I'm at my same no lyrics brickwall :( I have trouble in that department......

I've played in bands for years (AS A GUITARIST).. and now im trying to do the 1 man band, i find i need to start learning in the vocal/lyrics side of things.
ANY TIPS?
Keep it Phat 'n' Tasty

Greeny

Quote from: RevHeadRaZ on February 03, 2009, 04:21:55 PMANY TIPS?

Only two...

Write about real emotions and feelings, and things that actually mean something to you personally.

Sing it like you mean it. Convey the emotion in the vocal, no matter how raw it sounds.

Great song, btw. You could collaborate with someone, but given that this song is about your lady, I think you should try to add your own vocals and lyrics - with her as your inspiration.

Go for it!  :)

Bluesberry

QuoteANY TIPS?
Here is what I do.  I am no songwriting expert by any means but I am pleased with the 5 I have done so far, and each one goes the same pattern for me.  I always get the music first, a chord progression turns into a complete song, solos included.  I work out all the sections and record everything, just like  you have done with this song.  I only have an idea what the song is about but no lyrics yet.  Then I play the finished music back and hum over where there would be lyrics.  When I say hum It is more like singing without actual words.  Sometimes I play the chords on the acoustic and do this same humming.  I just feel the sound of the music and how my voice would go with it.  Suddenly words come to my mind and I sing them, I think about rhyming and how I would sing something.  At this point I start to write some of these words, phrases down, not in any structure yet just so I dont forget.  I keep going like this and before you know it you have a chorus or verse all figured out.  From there the thing just takes off and I can usually finish it pretty quickly.  Go back and try to sing the whole thing and refine it.  Anyway, this works for me.  Keep it real, say what is really on your mind, have fun with it.  You will surprise yourself, I have with each of my songs.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

RevHeadRaZ

thanks for the tips guys,
hmmm its like the melody part of it, is no prob for me. its more finding "where" my voice works in terms of range, and the abilty to write catchy, non-cheesy, great flowing, rhyming words.
Keep it Phat 'n' Tasty

rythmking24

mmmmmmmmm... very nice. kinda spanish sounding, i think. i like spanish sounding... so i like this.