Song about my Granda

Started by SE, February 02, 2009, 02:35:16 PM

SE

GRNDA_2_
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Song about my grandfather one of my first memories. Don,t really sing in my own accent but thought the old boy would like it that way. Put a wee tune on the end I know he would like.
Hope it,s not bad
recorder
Boss BR-80

mr2kewl

that was a really well done song there side effect as well as the ending bit.

nice work!!
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Ferryman

I really like it - great feel to it and some nice chord progressions. Bit of a Billy Bragg feel there (not the accent tho..). I think some simple drums would really help round it out.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Super 8

Catchier than Kylie's 'I Should Be So Lucky'  (and about 100x better to boot!)  I'll be singing that for the rest of the week.  Thanks for sharing!

Greeny

I got a bit of Billy Bragg from this too, but it's really just about raw honesty and 'folky' timelessness. And boy, does it work. Your grandfather would be proud - and so should you be. This is lovely work  :)

The Reverend 48

Quote from: Super 8 on February 02, 2009, 04:27:51 PMCatchier than Kylie's 'I Should Be So Lucky'  (and about 100x better to boot!)  I'll be singing that for the rest of the week.  Thanks for sharing!
Me too...A really well written song 8)

Oldrottenhead

really catchy, glad to hear another scottish accent on here. braw tell yer maw. see your in coatbridge im at the opposite end of the railway line in clydebank
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SE

Thanks guys for all your comments was bit reluctant to post this one not my normal thing but would not get out my head,tried to keep it simple and not over complicate things.
recorder
Boss BR-80