"Star Mushroom" a MET Norway 2012 original

Started by Geir, September 14, 2012, 09:19:39 PM

64Guitars

Quote from: cuthbert on September 15, 2012, 08:47:04 AMAmazing dynamic range on the vocals - Jim, I think you need the big mic & the BR-800!

Yes. I noticed the same thing with the 2010 Norway recordings and Mike's RĂ˜DE. Your vocals sound so much better. The room acoustics may play a small part too. And the fact that you're playing with other musicians forces you to sing louder than you might at home on your own, which improves the tone and dynamic range of your voice. But I think it's mostly the mic. So start saving your pennies, sell a kidney or a child, or whatever it takes and buy a decent condenser mic! ;)

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

it is being in the same room and bouncing off two very inspiring musicians, 3 for 2010 the equipment is secondary. wait till you hear the next one and then the one after that, i think the two posts a day limit will be ignored
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on September 15, 2012, 09:34:23 AMi think the two posts a day limit will be ignored

No problem. Songcrafter get-togethers are a special case, so they're exempt from the two song posts per day limit.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

back home, dog tired but still on a high, i still for the life of me don't know how the song ended up with that title, but rest assured alcohol played its part.

geir and jarle, i cant thank you enough for the fabulous weekend we just had.

here's to the next one.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

oh and jarle's drums

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Redler

This is awesome!! Love the hypnotic / psych feel of this! Nice additions all the round (distant backing vocals are fantastic). The real drums puts this to another level - Well done, Jarle!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

lg

nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Ferryman

Groooovy. Just stopped by and I saw you guys were up to your cabin of tricks again, this sounds like huge fun and is a really nice combo of odd instruments and a real laid back feel. Got to check out some more....

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tangled Wires

This is a seriously cool tune, in terms of its style it kind of reminiscint of The Doors to me, and certainly Jims vocal delivery is very "Morrison" like.

The distant backing vocals are great, really give it an eerie feel and the Uke and Mandolin sound wonderful and melodic.

Fabulous song.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

SwanSong

Wonderful track geir superb songwriting at it s best. kind
of fits the season of fall and haloween sound either way
a great listen as always ,back to the top NEIL.!