between 16-24 - fancy being in a band?

Started by Hilary, September 12, 2012, 09:17:46 AM

Speed Demon

When I started playing electric guitar, amps were still running on coal.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

ODH

I'm going to stand up for the kids.

I do agree that there is a lot of mass-produced stuff made for chart consumption, but if you check out Top of the Pops 1977 on BBC4 (in the UK) you'll see quickly that stuff has always been around.

What there is now is a great deal of creative music being made and distributed by all sorts of means.  You won't necessarily get it on mainstream radio. 

I believe the future of music is in good hands.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Hilary

Quote from: Nick / odh on September 13, 2012, 10:38:39 AMI'm going to stand up for the kids. . . .

Yay - there's always been crap music about throughout the generations, just as there's always been quality.

There's a bit of quality from 3 young 'uns bang on point IMO - The Midnight Beast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8awKpyqSQc

Oh and we love you golden oldies too  ;D - you've still got all the moves  ;) - you can be in my group - I'll need to plan the tours around my afternoon naps though xx
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

chip

Quote from: Hilary on September 13, 2012, 12:21:37 PM
Quote from: Nick / odh on September 13, 2012, 10:38:39 AMI'm going to stand up for the kids. . . .

Yay - there's always been crap music about throughout the generations, just as there's always been quality.

There's a bit of quality from 3 young 'uns bang on point IMO - The Midnight Beast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8awKpyqSQc

Oh and we love you golden oldies too  ;D - you've still got all the moves  ;) - you can be in my group - I'll need to plan the tours around my afternoon naps though xx

And there lies the problem.......... Anyone with a facebook, youtube account can be in a band. You can be a rock star in your own bedroom.....  on your own computer and never leave the house.. The only current song in our set list is.. Lonely Boy.... Black Keys....maybe there is hope? ;)
Sweet young thing aint sweet no more.

Rata-tat-tat

Geir in a boy band... Now that would be                                                                                                                                                          EPIC... I gotta say some of these kids are gettin a bad rap... There is a lot of great talented younguns out there. Given the opportunity to get creative... Im sure they would blow minds, however most of them are signed to labels that govern the music and force them to rush through songs. These guys were given liberties in the studio and came up with this number... IMO the greatest track they have done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08ssIMCm8Gs
recorder
Tascam DP-02