nice 1 greeny!  ;)
Crystal Clear, great vocal harmonies
Keep it Phat 'n' Tasty

SE

Quaility work you,ve got this song writing thing down to a tee
recorder
Boss BR-80

holdempok

Man another great one to listen to on our road trips.

At the end of day, your music inspires all of us.
Why don't we do it on the road?

Wiley

;D ;D ;D

How do you all keep coming up with all this original and so great material?   I don't know any original songs. :( :P   I feel kind of stupid doing others.  But you still inspire me so much. All of you. Another great one.  Maybe someday I can collaborate with you all. 
P.J. 

Keep up the good work.  P.S. I almost live on this site now. LOL ;D

Bluesberry

QuoteP.S. I almost live on this site now. LOL
That is funny Wiley, this place can really suck you in bad.  Don't forget to eat sometimes  ;)

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Quote from: wiley on February 02, 2009, 04:57:58 PMHow do you all keep coming up with all this original and so great material?  

I met this battered up old guy at a crossroads once. He got this piece of paper out and said "sign here..."

:D :D :D :D

Oldrottenhead

if greeny is snowed in today expect about 10 new songs by tonight.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Quote from: oldrottenhead on February 03, 2009, 04:34:53 AMif greeny is snowed in today expect about 10 new songs by tonight.

10 songs? That would involve no eating or sleeping. Again  :D :D :D

Nah... at work today. I hoped for more snow last night, but it didn't arrive. Bloody weather!!!!

Greeny

Lyrics...

Nothing flash or complicated. I just wanted to get the hidden darkness of Victorian society across. FYI... the particular Lord at the particular house my girlfriend's grandmother was at, was ordered out of the country and stripped of his title and wealth for 'indescretions' with the footmen in his employ.

Victoriana – by Tim Green

Below the stairs our lips are sealed
The secrets that we see are not revealed

'Cause something dark lies under
Our respectability
Our respectability

Victoriana
They keep their whip marks out of sight
Victoriana
High collars hide the vampire's bite

And you don't know what it's like
To keep your passions hidden in this way
To lock them up and through the keys away

The flesh is weak behind closed doors
And in the scullery the maids get bored

Our respectability
Our respectability

Victoriana
They keep their whip marks out of sight
Victoriana
High collars hide the vampire's bite

To keep your passions hidden in this way
To lock them up and through the keys away

Greeny

Quote from: 64Guitars on February 01, 2009, 03:59:24 PMI can relate to the theme as I've done a lot of research into my own family history in the past 15 to 20 years and continue to work on it (just recently noticed that the 1911 British census is finally online). I'd be interested in reading the lyrics if you care to post them.

Family history is a fascinating thing - and I know how it can drag you in. It's like your own detective story, and the satisfaction of a new discovery or an old gap filled in is amazing.

We're lucky in the UK having census, and birth/marriage/death records online - it really helps.

Just over a year ago, and with a lot of help from my girlfriend, I managed to find BOTH my adopted parent's birth mothers and managed to reunite them. Quite a fairytale. I suddenly knew where I came from, and traced the trees right back. This is where the song 'Dark Harvest' comes from, and it's strange that's the one that everyone has really responded to. Perhaps the weight of emotion comes through somehow. Who knows?!  :)

And good luck with your own family history search!

p.s. Get a 12-string - they are lovely!  ;)