'Victoriana'

Started by Greeny, February 01, 2009, 03:11:46 PM

Greeny

VICT0R02
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Not sure how advisable it is to post this, but what the hell  :D

Here's one of mine - just me and the BR. Done an hour ago with a 12-string and a 6-string acoustic. The song is about the repressed Victorians, and was inspired by my gf's grandmother who was a domestic in a 'society' house. Funny theme for a song, but there we go  ;)

BossMicroBRew

Hey man, I dig it. Captured a great sound on the guitars. Another HQ recording. ;D  Hopefully everyone checks out your(and Flash's) Dark Harvest that I always comment on.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

64Guitars

Nice one Greeny! The all-acoustic sound really works well with this song and I love the doubled vocals. I must get myself a 12-string one of these days. They really sound great and I've never had the pleasure of owning one.

I can relate to the theme as I've done a lot of research into my own family history in the past 15 to 20 years and continue to work on it (just recently noticed that the 1911 British census is finally online). I'd be interested in reading the lyrics if you care to post them.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

lg

Well Greeny another nice song...
I'll have to load this into my ipod so I can listen
to it this week at work.
LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Pedro

The first riff, from the start until 28 seconds is sooo cool. The stereo effect created by the two guitars is perfect.

hardlock

Another winner!  Love the harmonys!  ;D
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

wrland2

good song and sound. some nice chords. I like your mixing job too. I get an elevated acoustic in one ear and the backing vocals (which were good too) in the other. thanks for sharing.

Oldrottenhead

man on fire, they just keep coming. ;D
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

mr2kewl

excellent, excellent, excellent....
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

dragonshade

WOW, one I want to be this good.