Bruce Willis takes on Apple over iTunes rip-off

Started by 64Guitars, September 03, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

64Guitars

Apparently, when you pay for downloads at iTunes, you're only renting the songs. They're not yours. When you die, you can't leave them to your family because the rental term ends on your death. Devious rotten bastards!

Well, Bruce Willis is taking on Apple over this. He wants to leave his collection of downloads to his daughters when he dies.

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/65886

Good for him! I hope he wins.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

launched

I wonder how far up the pole that kind of lawsuit will travel. Obviously Apple is buying distribution rights, and it would be interesting to know what the agreement with their suppliers is.

It will also be exciting to see how it plays out, because even though media rights are pretty much a done deal, consumer rights at a state level is an open playing field. If Mr. Willis can even remotely convince a grand jury that he was defrauded and misled, a pile of class action lawsuits will follow. It could even go as far as full reimbursements for anyone that bought itunes merchandise. I don't think he could win a lawsuit in the property rights sense unless a loophole is found.

And yes, I hope he wins too.

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Gnasty

Willis snip
Time:
0:00
Volume:

Yup it`s a ridiculous concept Apple has going. It`s control of everything is what they want. In fact when you look up control freak on Wikipedia, Steve Jobs is compared to Napoleon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Control_freak

I do love Apple Products and my phone because you buy it, turn it on and it just works, but i draw the line myself on a company asking you to buy something but it has regulations attached.

Go Bruce!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity