"A Last Request, Gringo?"

Started by bruno, September 02, 2012, 04:45:47 AM

bruno

Track 128 - A Last Request Gringo
Time:
0:00
Volume:
A bit of fun - experimenting on the best way to record acoustic. This is over the mike over shoulder, pointing down to the guitar, quite strange - I think it sounds really quite balanced!
B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Hook

Sounds awesome brother, great tone, great playing! Didn't you have a week off or something, when you were going to write & record that new bundle of joy. I've noticed my inbox has been rather bruno free? ::) ;)
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Nelson

Yeah... this is sweet and sounds balanced to me.

on board or external mics?

recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

bruno

Thanks for the comments guys.

Hook - yeah had a week off, but not sure where the time went  :o ! However have plenty of ideas, so watch this space :-).

Nelson, outboard large condenser mike. It seems really odd to have it poking over your shoulder, but seems much more balanced somehow. Have been researching how to do it, and nobody seems to agree! I've been listening to pro recordings and wondering how they get it so good. So it seems to be placement, EQ and compression - and skill. I'm lacking the skill, but trying to work it out  ;D ;D

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Hilary

Oh very nice Mr B, very nice indeed.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

launched

As I've said before, great sounding guitar! Not to mention the playing is fabulous!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Geir

Sounds great !

And the guitarwork is really nice too !

Love it
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Nelson

Quote from: bruno on September 02, 2012, 10:43:50 AMThanks for the comments guys.

Hook - yeah had a week off, but not sure where the time went  :o ! However have plenty of ideas, so watch this space :-).

Nelson, outboard large condenser mike. It seems really odd to have it poking over your shoulder, but seems much more balanced somehow. Have been researching how to do it, and nobody seems to agree! I've been listening to pro recordings and wondering how they get it so good. So it seems to be placement, EQ and compression - and skill. I'm lacking the skill, but trying to work it out  ;D ;D

B

What condenser mic are you using? I've been thinking about getting one but not sure what's a good price rang. I would like to use it for vocals and acoustics.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

bruno

Quote from: Nelson on September 05, 2012, 08:10:53 AM
Quote from: bruno on September 02, 2012, 10:43:50 AMThanks for the comments guys.

Hook - yeah had a week off, but not sure where the time went  :o ! However have plenty of ideas, so watch this space :-).

Nelson, outboard large condenser mike. It seems really odd to have it poking over your shoulder, but seems much more balanced somehow. Have been researching how to do it, and nobody seems to agree! I've been listening to pro recordings and wondering how they get it so good. So it seems to be placement, EQ and compression - and skill. I'm lacking the skill, but trying to work it out  ;D ;D

B

What condenser mic are you using? I've been thinking about getting one but not sure what's a good price rang. I would like to use it for vocals and acoustics.

Thanks all for the comments.

Nelson - the mic I used was the SE2200T - which is a valve/tube mic. Lot of people here use the RODE mic which is also extremely good. I have a bit of a thing for mic's, there are some really great mic's at the moment for not a lot of money - but is a mine field, you can spend loads on mic's. I am very happy with my SE though.

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600