Believe it or not.......

Started by The Reverend 48, February 01, 2009, 12:47:16 AM

The Reverend 48

Forte1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
....Since I've had my BR I have been so fascinated by recording over backing tracks I have never delved into the wonderous other things in this magic box......... 8)
But listening to you lot knocking out great tracks like shelling peas, I thought I would have a go, at playing with the big boys. ;D
Its a lot more difficult than I thought to start from scratch......
So I picked an easy drum pattern (haven't fathomed out how to do patterns yet)
Added 3 tracks on my variax 300
1. variax set to 12 string no effects (doesn't it sound like an acoustic)
2. variax set to Tele with BR Big Strum effect
3. variax set to Les Paul with BR Blues drive
All panned, mixed and mastered
Be Gentle but any pointers would be gratefully recieved ;)

hardlock

Very nice!  Love the 12 string.  (what's a variax BTW?)

Once you figure out the drum patterm editing it's not a big deal.  I usually find an arrangement that sort of fits to start with, copy it to a blank song arrangement (so it will be saved with the song) and then expand it to fit the song.  Lots of inserting patterns in the right places but once you get a feel for where the measure number has to go to end up with the fills locations in the right place in the song, it will all come together. 

What's harder (but more realistic) is mixing and matching different parts of different arrangements to get exactly what you want it to sound like, not just be a passable pattern.

For example, there is one pattern that is a cymbal ringing out which makes a great fad out ending.

Keep up the good work!  ;D
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

jackofall

I really enjoyed this. A really catchy 'groove'. Superb!
If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple, we couldn't...

tafka

hi Forte8 watch what you say here or you will get banned too!!!

LIKE ME

Tony j.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

The Reverend 48

Quote from: hardlock on February 01, 2009, 02:05:00 AMVery nice!  Love the 12 string.  (what's a variax BTW?)

Once you figure out the drum patterm editing it's not a big deal.  I usually find an arrangement that sort of fits to start with, copy it to a blank song arrangement (so it will be saved with the song) and then expand it to fit the song.  Lots of inserting patterns in the right places but once you get a feel for where the measure number has to go to end up with the fills locations in the right place in the song, it will all come together. 

What's harder (but more realistic) is mixing and matching different parts of different arrangements to get exactly what you want it to sound like, not just be a passable pattern.

For example, there is one pattern that is a cymbal ringing out which makes a great fad out ending.

Keep up the good work!  ;D

The variax is as good as it says see below
http://line6.com/variax/index.html
I was after an acoustic but got this instead
I picked a 300 up on ebay for £125....... ;)

I will keep on trying to understand the drum patterns is there a simple tutorial anywhere? the manual is a bit confusing....

Greeny

Get to grips with the drums, and you're going to produce something really great. Because every thing else on this is wonderful. Nice playing, nice balance, and a great groove.  :)