Which one?

Started by Balleo, August 30, 2012, 11:16:46 AM

Balleo

I 'm looking a multitrack recorders but I have some doubt.
I work with Boss Dr 880 ( bass & drum) and i want a M.R. that only record  but with quality and easy to manage files with PC. I don't love fall in the manual.
It' a MUST that the singer can use the microphone.

I had BR 600

recorder
iPad GarageBand
recorder
 Reaper
recorder
Audacity
My Youtube Facebook

Hook

I've had a bunch, as far as mics and effects go the mbr or the mbr80 are the way to go.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Balleo

I though a tascam dp 008: have Phantom for Mic...

recorder
iPad GarageBand
recorder
 Reaper
recorder
Audacity
My Youtube Facebook

suburban behemoth

The Tascam Dp-004 had two built in mics on either end of the unit. I used it to record live demos. No special effects or anything, but a quality digital recorder, nonetheless.
recorder
Boss BR-864

Balleo

In DP 008 have phantom for mic

recorder
iPad GarageBand
recorder
 Reaper
recorder
Audacity
My Youtube Facebook

Hook

I had the 004 , nice unit. The 008 looks great, built in reverb, phantom power, if it's like the 004, it's super easy to use and a great usb connection. For the $$$ I still think you get more from the mbr-80 or br-800, I would think they both have phantom (800 for sure) and you get all the effects. A little more of a learning curve but much more possibilities as far as production creativity. After recently & pretty extensively  using Zoom, tascam & boss I think the br's are the best bet out there!
One other thing, with the 008, you will probably still want/need to use some software for your final mix/master while the br units are much more capable of creating a better quality finished product. I think you can master to wav with the 008 (you could with the 004) but the there are so many more options with boss + virtual tracks....don't forget the virtual tracks!!!!!.
Good luck.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

na_th_an

Just to clarify, the BR 80 does NOT provide phantom power. When recording to the computer I always use the BR 80 as my interface to record guitars, basses, drum boxes or keyboards, and the built in mics in stereo to capture acoustic instruments such like a glockenspiel or amelodica, but when we get to record vocals I have to use my M-Audio interface to plug in the condenser mic.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Adobe Audition