Ride - beleg+orh+hook+thetworegs+lou

Started by beleg, August 30, 2012, 10:31:52 AM

Redler

Nice collab gents!! Very nice sounding piece of music!! Brilliant vocal mix in the final section!! Well done all around!

Kari

ps. Lou Reed??  ;D
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

suburban behemoth

If "lou" is a sample, then they would qualify for Collaborfest, wouldn't they?
recorder
Boss BR-864

Hook

Quote from: 64Guitars on August 30, 2012, 01:48:41 PMI was thinking that too, except CollabFest entries are supposed to be only by members and I don't know who Lou is. Is Lou a Songcrafters member?

I thought they just had to include 3 members, I don't recall the rules saying non-members couldn't be on the recording. Even if lou isn't a member, this still has 4 members involved and was just a cool idea completely in the spirit of the fest. I rest my case...ladies and gentlemen of the jury...fest on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

beleg

Thank you everyone.

Lou is the guy free styling over the heavy bit in the middle. He is a friend of mind, but not currently a member of the site. I will email him now and see if I can get him to join. ;)

two_els

hey all,
i'm lou (aka techbrarian). glad we're getting such positive reactions to the song.  Here's a link to my soundclick page: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1267863&content=music

64Guitars

Quote from: Hook on August 30, 2012, 05:43:54 PM
Quote from: 64Guitars on August 30, 2012, 01:48:41 PMI was thinking that too, except CollabFest entries are supposed to be only by members and I don't know who Lou is. Is Lou a Songcrafters member?

I thought they just had to include 3 members, I don't recall the rules saying non-members couldn't be on the recording. Even if lou isn't a member, this still has 4 members involved and was just a cool idea completely in the spirit of the fest. I rest my case...ladies and gentlemen of the jury...fest on!

That's true, but all festivals are supposed to be only for music made by our members. I see that Lou has joined now, so the song qualifies anyway. I'll add it shortly.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Hook

Hi Lou. Listening to "Sunday", pretty cool!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

two_els

Thanks! Did it a while ago, glad it still resonates.

Hilary

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination