help with browsing songcrafters on an android phone re flashplayer

Started by Oldrottenhead, August 29, 2012, 09:47:34 AM

Oldrottenhead

i recently moved into the 21st century and purchased an android smartphone, unfortunately the google apps shop no longer carries any versions of adobbe flash player older than version 11 (i believe that adobe are no longer going to develop software for android  hardware) which is incompatible with my phone, tho version 10 apparently was. it is not a major issue to me other than i cant stream songs here without flashplayer. is there an alternative android software i can use that does the same thing?

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Gnasty

Yes I know what you mean. I have an $800 iPhone and can't listen to the jukebox in here. It's all a load of nerd BS!!

This place needs to be Quick-timed!!  :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

launched

I've been having the same issue - The player widget sometimes works but only if you clear your caches and history every time you use it.

What I have been using as a decent workaround is the "Download All Files" app. Not sure if the Google MarketPlace is regional, but search for it. So when you click on the handy link that 64 provided it will pop up a list of available players on your device to stream the song.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Hook

Yeah I also have  trouble with the player and the android. I do find that I can get the latest song jukebox to play, sometimes it won't load the 1st time but usually always does the 2nd time.

ORH- No thumbjam for the android, but got to a pawn shop or ebay and get an ipod touch or an old iphone, you don't need service  to use the apps just a wireless connection.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Rata-tat-tat

Yup same problem with my HTC... I have to download this song most of time to listen... Makes it a pain to comment.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

launched

Try it:

Go to Play Store (Google Marketplace), Apps tab, Search "Download All Files" and the app made by MDJ Software will come up. Install it.

Now you can just click on the link underneath the player, and all available playback options will show up. I use the default one on my Android phone, but there is ESPlayer and most video players should work to. The default player is simple and just overlays the web browser, greying it out. When you are done playing, hit the back button on your phone and it will go back to the web page for commenting.

Obviously if you want to download the file, just hold your finger on the link until the save as option shows up.

Quote from: Hook on August 29, 2012, 12:31:51 PMORH- No thumbjam for the android, but got to a pawn shop or ebay and get an ipod touch or an old iphone, you don't need service  to use the apps just a wireless connection.

That's a great idea.
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Oldrottenhead

cheers mark will try that.

i have a slight apple phobia, ever since i installed the very first version of itunes.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

Thanks launched, I'll give that a go also.

ORH- Don't be a wuss, thumbs aren't just for sucking!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

launched

Quote from: oldrottenhead on August 29, 2012, 01:14:35 PMi have a slight apple phobia, ever since i installed the very first version of itunes.

Yeah, I did that about ten years ago and ruined all my shit. I had to rip all my cd's again which took me days.

Quote from: Gnasty on August 29, 2012, 10:15:50 AMThis place needs to be Quick-timed!!  :)

It needs to be Flash killed. I'm growing to hate flash. Every time I see a flash update, which is way way too often, I want to smash my computer. And another thing, I like IE. It is my browser of choice, and this site does not work very well with it. I don't want to have to install another browser. I have to install and configure things all day long and I just want to open up the f*cking web browser that comes with the OS, whatever that may be, and use it by default.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

launched

Adobe Flash that is, not Mike Flash ;D I Like Mike Flash a lot!
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover