nevermmet last chance to download closing it tomorrow

Started by Oldrottenhead, January 31, 2009, 04:39:41 PM

Ferryman

Hope you don't leave us ORH. It's always sad when things get said on a forum and escalate. I didn't see the comments that caused the problems so couldn't comment on those but altho I've only been active here a short while I would miss your work. I've been inspired to really make something of the BR by this site (and what you and others have been doing), and so far have been impressed that it's a nice friendly place. I left another forum recently for similar reasons, so if that's your final decision so be it. I'd just like to say I enjoyed your posts, I learned about recording vox on the BR from you and I enjoyed your work. Thanks for putting vox on my Unicordia track, I never believed that could be done and it gave it a whole new slant.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

indierik

I certainly understand being offended ORH, we're all artist here and more often than not we are sensitive, emotional creatures, I know I am. If we weren't, well, you could argue we wouldn't be able to create beautiful, introspective, and emotional music like we have. I don't know what this ass@#$e said, but it must have been bad, and people who say hurtful things say them because of their own insecurities.

I can take constructive criticism, I can give constructive criticism, but I can not tolerate harsh criticism. ORH, I am empathetic, HOWEVER, your songs have been aired on the radio for Christ sakes, lets not forget about that. It gave me great satisfaction and validation for the music I create, and it must have done the same for you, right? I know "Pain in the Neck" would not have seen the light of day as an instrumental; you completed that song for me, you gave it breadth, heart and soul. I listen to it all the time, as I do so many of your songs, and our collaborations, I play them for my friends and I'm not just blowing smoke up your ass. Besides the majority of microrecorders.org members love your music!!!! You have inspired so many of us here, and I'm at the top of the list, and you have to weight that out when you take these comments to heart. Between you and my micro BR I have been able to fulfill one of my passions in life... creating music, that sounds professional and complete! We cannot please everyone and we mustn't forget that. We make no money for all the hard work we put into our music, we do it because we love it, it's our passion and if this bastard wants to try and take that pleasure away from us, and succeeds, then that Blank et e blank blank has won. 

Please don't delete Nevermet. Please.

Here's an idea: Use his comments as inspiration to write a song about insensitive, cruel people.

much love....

erik
Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Oldrottenhead

thanks for the comments guys,

i am not taking down, the nevermet site but a certain few songs are coming off.

what was most disappointing was the comments came from someone i greatly admire as a musician, (something i dont and never have claimed to be myself),

from someone  i have given my time to, in order for them to get the best from their boss microbr, ie how to transfer mp3 files into a song.

from someone i believe i have given praise and encouragement deservedly so,

and from someone who i have collaborated with on a number of occassions

but because i have not left comments at some recent postings, he assumes i think they are not very good, i dont know if they are very good or not as i dont know if i have heard them,

i have a life outside of microrecorders.org that takes up much of my time and with all the jemimas kite stuff recently, my time here is generally dealing with that,

i'm sure im not alone in not catching every single post here, as there are so many but i am not going away,

but if you have a song or tune you want me to hear or need advise re your mbr dont hesitate to pm me, if i can help i will, if not i will point you where you might find the answers or solutions to your problem,

but if you want to vent your demons take them somewhere else coz i dont need that.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

indierik

Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Ferryman

Me too. If you can rise above it and carry on giving help and advice, you will just make the detractors look rather foolish.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

For the record, anyone who had actually spoken with ORH would know what a sweet, helpful and excitable guy he is. That's not gay talk though  :D :D :D

lg

So glad to hear that you have decided to stay!
We are only human, I can't help but believe that the above mentioned
person said what was said out of a bad mood or something...
Anyway the rest of us love you man!
Please keep it coming!
LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

mr2kewl

mr. higgins,

in my short tenure at this site, i would have to say that if not for you and folks like mr. fife, mr. green and mr. jones, i would not have the courage to say that i am an "Artist". for that i am extremely grateful. having been given the privilege to say that, i feel that it is my responsibility and i am determined to uphold it that;

"if i am not a part of the solution, then i am doomed to be a part of the problem".

one last comment before i step down from my soapbox ...

to anyone and everyone who reads this, if you have anything less then positive to contribute to your written or spoken word, simply S.T.F.U.

thank you,
i'll step down now.
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra