nevermmet last chance to download closing it tomorrow

Started by Oldrottenhead, January 31, 2009, 04:39:41 PM

Oldrottenhead

as a result of some flaming tonight, i am closing down the site www.soundclick.com/nevermet so you have 24 hours to download what you want thereafter it will be gone forever.

yours sincerely
orh
drama queen
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Guitar-Maniac

mmm... why would you do that? because of some bad comments?
i would rather have bad comments then no comments anyday!
-period.
Heavy Metal all the WAY!
Oh yea... bodybuilding too :D

hardlock

Ah, come-on ORH.  Why close your cool website because of something that happened here??? 

I can maybe see you not wanting to post in this forum but that shouldn't have anything to do with your website. :o

Hey, you've got a lot of sincere fans here.  Shouldn't let one bad apple get to you.  :-[
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

lg

Well I can't agree more,
for I must admit that I to am a fan.
I even listen to your music in my car and at work.
Maybe take a sleep on it ... and see how you feel tomarrow.
Nobody here wants to see you go!
LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Oldrottenhead

i dont mind constructive criticism,or bad reviews just glad someones listening, but last night wasnt about the music, someone let there demons out and fired some extremely hurtful personal comments at me, i see pedro has deleted them, i wish they where still there for people to view.
im not sure if im gonna take down nevermet , will think over it.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

jackofall

I didn't see the comments myself, but this is just to let you know that I really understand how you must feel. I would be the same. Things like that have happened to me in other circumstances and my hurt and anger can gather like a snowball rolling down a hill. The music you have created is really inspiring and I want to hear more. Did you know that someone told Tchikovsky that his first piano concerto was a load of crap....? He was really offended but luckily for the world he didn't give up. 
If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple, we couldn't...

scratchy

What he said.
As an aside I have rarely seen such a bad case of cyber bullying. On most forums they would have been banned.  I reckon it says more about those who said those things than you mate. :(

lg

I did not know that about Tchaikovsky. Wow!
Well, all I know, is that it is impossible to please all the people!
ORH screw 'em man...
We love ya'
LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

64Guitars

Oldrottenhead was one of the first members (if not the first member) of this community and his contributions, especially in the early days, led the way and helped set the tone of the forums which, until yesterday, has always been very friendly and mutually supportive. He was one of the first to post his work and, in doing so, encouraged other members to post their work too. He was also one of the first to collaborate with other members and opened the door for other members to collaborate with each other. I'm sure that many members here are very grateful to ORH for turning their tracks into songs by adding his brilliant lyrics and vocals and posting the finished songs on his nevermet page at SoundClick. It would be a shame to lose that site and all of the great songs on it.

Every member of this community deserves to be treated with respect, and lashing out in a senseless verbal attack on another member cannot be tolerated. I'm glad to see that Pedro has removed the offensive comments and dealt with the offenders. Pedro has created a really outstanding community here and I hope he will continue to do whatever is necessary to keep it civilized, friendly, and respectful so that we can continue to help and support each other in creating music with the Micro BR.

ORH: I hope you will continue to be an active member of this group and not let one or two individuals ruin it. You've shown great strength of character in keeping your cool and not stooping to their low by retaliating with similar vulgar and offensive comments. I believe we can trust Pedro to deal with any trouble-makers who try to disrupt the friendly and supportive atmosphere of this community with their hurtful comments and personal attacks on members. I sincerely hope that we can all look forward to more great music from Jemima's Kite, as well as your own songs and collaborations with other members.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Wiley

Nothing to say but Cheers! Cheers!  Don't let the few ruin it for everyone. ;D ;)