SMASHING GEAR UP ON STAGE

Started by Burtog, August 25, 2012, 04:38:09 PM

Burtog

Just watchin the Cribs smash up good guitars drums etc at the Reading Festival, makes me gringe.

A good Fender being launched at an Orange 4x12 stack...............

:'(

recorder
Boss BR-800

64Guitars

I've never seen any sense in that. I don't even find it very entertaining. I'd rather watch musicians play their gear than smash it.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

bruno

I find it rather disrespectful - there are many musicians out there who struggle for years just to buy a mediocre guitar - its acting like "look at me, I've got so much money, I can destroy instruments" - I sure they didn't break instruments when they were broke, or if they did, then they are stooopid!
B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Farrell Jackson

Blame it on The Who  :) It was a gimmick that worked well to catapult The Who's career and others might think it will do the same for them. Maybe it will but I'm sure Pete Townshend wishes he still had some of the those vintage guitars he smashed to smithereens.......I keep my instruments in pristine condition so it does bother me to see that sort of disrespect happening.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

phantasm777

when i was younger i thought it was cool. now i don't. especially when there are plenty of talented people who cannot even afford a guitar.

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

beleg

I was watching an old video of a SRV concert when they Stevie started smashing his guitar. When I commented that I thought how lame it was, buddy said that SRV used to spend the time on the bus between gigs fixing the guitars he smashed. Don't know if this is true, but the idea of it makes me smile.

Hook

I smashed a tennis racket when I was like 8 and it felt good!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder