Q - Is it encouraged or frowned upon to post lyrics to your song here?

Started by suburban behemoth, August 23, 2012, 02:19:28 PM

suburban behemoth

Is it encouraged or frowned upon to post your own song lyrics here? ???

Of the thirty-plus songs in various states of "done"-ness, only five of them are finished lyrically.

I'd love someone else's opinion on them, although it probably wouldn't connect as well without the music.

Comments? Opinions? Thanks!
 ;D
recorder
Boss BR-864

steelguitar

I did it on one of my songs, and a lot of songcrafters members post their lyrics with their own songs.

I think it's a good idea to post your lyrics, you could have somme comments, constructive critics!

It can be an exercise to develop lyrics in collaboration! 

Welcome to the songcrafters community! ;-)
Jean-Sébastien
recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

https://www.facebook.com/TheMAUSS

Oldrottenhead

when you post a new thread there is a list of icons above the smileys, the green box with the white L is specifically for that very purpose. click on that and put your lyrics between the brackets. so the answer is a hearty

yes!
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

suburban behemoth

Quote from: oldrottenhead on August 23, 2012, 03:24:36 PMwhen you post a new thread there is a list of icons above the smileys, the green box with the white L is specifically for that very purpose. click on that and put your lyrics between the brackets. so the answer is a hearty

yes!

From Where I've Been

Traffic passes under my window, like a saxophone drifting on in.

Somewhere below me, the city is calling out. I'm afraid that I might just give in.

Just watch you walking out that door, I can almost breathe again.

Just watch you walking out that door, It is better than where I've been.

Angels always sing your praises, but the devil knows my name.

Angels continue to sing your praises, and I'm left here holding the blame.

Just watch you walking out that door, I am better than where I've been...

Shades of grey, Monday Mourning. You arrive to me without warning.

But I refuse to give in, citing Where I've Been.

My friends are all calling, so I've relented, Breathe in deep the cool night air.

Somewhere on Green St. the music is calling out, for a soul that's in need of repair.

Just watch you walking out that door, I am better than where I've been.

Just watch you walking...

???
recorder
Boss BR-864

64Guitars

If you want to post your lyrics to get feedback on them, then I would recommend the Lyric Advice board, although it hasn't been a very active board so far.

If you want to post your lyrics so that other members can help you turn them into a song, then you might want to post them in the Collaborations board instead. Then other members can post their ideas for chord progressions, etc. to build a song with you. When the song's finished, the final mix can be posted in the Original Songs board.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Lounging McCoy

I didn't know about the lyrics button.  I'll start using it.  Thanks for the info oldrottenhead.