devil woman - cliff richards - cover by phantasm777

Started by phantasm777, August 21, 2012, 08:30:45 PM

phantasm777

ok, about this song. it's about the only cliff richards song i like. i believe it came out in 1976.
for those who say i use too much reverb, i have, but i've been experimenting as on this song, where one set of tracks is clean and one is reverb.

that (reverb and no effects harmony) makes up the first verses and chorus.
the second set of verses i sing straight up no effects with background vocals in the chorus having a slight flange.
on the last set of verses and the last chorus i am doing lead and backing with no effects. on the last sort of vocal scream, there is a lot of reverb.
i've figured out a few things on final mixing i've been using and i am hoping it shows on this song. there are 4 guitars, 5 or 6 diff. keys in this song.
i did this over the course of yesterday afternoon and this afternoon with final mixing just getting done now.
this song's running time is 4:28

i think it shows some progess. but what do i know?

devil woman - cliff richards cover by phantasm777
Time:
0:00
Volume:

Greeny

I always held a secret love for this song, and you nailed it. Your arrangment and mix is spot on. You even have a lot of Cliff's vocal tone! Great skills on display, and a really good listen.

Hilary

Oh this is just FABULOUS Frank - the guitars on the chorus really make it for me. :)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

dobrodaddy

This works for me!  I think you did a fine job getting all the tracks mixed.  Nice changes on the vox effects.  Some tasty gtr work and really liked the outro.  Well done!  DD

Thanks for listening!

recorder
Zoom H2

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

ODH

Quote from: phantasm777 on August 21, 2012, 08:30:45 PMok, about this song. it's about the only cliff richards song i like. i believe it came out in 1976.

I like this one and I like Wired for Sound, which was also in 1976, I believe.  The golden age of Sir Cliff.

I like your version, just don't start spontaneously singing it at Wimbledon!

"Look out!"
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Pete C

This was the only Cliff song I could tolerate though I always thought it was a bit naff - Cliff doing his rock thing! Your version has the right attitude to make it sound like a proper rock song - enjoyed it !

QuoteI like this one and I like Wired for Sound, which was also in 1976, I believe. 

Nick - Wired for sound was a few years later, 1979. If you remember the video he jumped on the 'rollerskating wearing a Sony Walkman' bandwagon for that one !
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Speed Demon

Nice work, Frank.

This one rocks along very nicely. Smooth instruments and vocals.

Well done!

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

thetworegs

Great job frank...a cracker of a cover .....excellent

If Life is a dream then use your imagination