"The Sun Shines" a Tampaska original

Started by Hook, August 18, 2012, 01:16:29 PM

Hook

The Sun Shines
Time:
0:00
Volume:
So Tampaska is the name I've given my project based around Rata-Tat-Tat's drum tracks. I'm very close to this cd/collection being complete, hopefully the first of many! This cd/collection is entitled "First there were drums...".
 All of the songs, like this one, were written specifically to the fully evolved drum track supplied by RTT. A few have other musicians (S3NZ3 will be on it and a few that bruno collborated with) but most, like this one, are just RTT & me.
 This tune is to the "Crazy beat" RTT posted months ago https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=15149.0. I took the beat and slowed it down 50% in audacity then cut the 1st 1:20(aprox)off of it. I wrote the uke part last night. Produced the music this morning and sang the vocals in my car about an hour ago.
1- Stereo drum (RTT)
1- uke
1- bass
1- trombone (thumbjam)
1- trumpet (tj)
1- vocal
"The Sun Shines"
written & performed by Rata-Tat-Tat & Hook
They say that time is on our side
Well I'm not convinced that time is on mine
I've always strived to stay afloat & ride the tide
Now I'm not sure I can see behind the clouds
Where it is said that the sun shines

I've watched each second slip away
So sure of my grasp but I could never make them stay
Moments turn to memories & memories always fade
Like a once cherished song that now is just overplayed
I remember that being better in its day

Tic tock tic go the hands of time
Each grain of sand fall in a perfect line
Suddenly we begin to see that the
top of the hour glass is almost empty
I'm out of , I'm out of sand
If there's no future what good is a plan
I cannot lift, I cannot flip this glass
The present that I know & love
Is so close to the past

They say that time is on our side
Now I'm not sure I can see behind the clouds
Where it is said that the sun shines

here's another tune I wrote to the original drum track https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=15204.0

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Oldrottenhead

jings crivvens and help ma boab...........awesome like tom waits did the music and said "hey hooky you take it from here" bloody magic
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Nelson

Holy  Shit.
You smoked it Bro.
This is just amazing. 
"wrote the uke part last night. Produced the music this morning and sang the vocals in my car about an hour ago" ............man I love that... so creative.

You certainly did Tod's drum track proud.
The TJam stuff sounds great

Well done my good man.

recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Gnasty

This is completely out of this world amazing man. You made a landscape i would never imagine. The uke sounds beauty. The lyrics are all hooked in. Amazing from a drum track. Tod rules! You rule!! Tampaska Rules!

When we talked and you said the name it didn`t hit me till now! Duh! Tampa-Alaska! Very cool! 8)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Rata-tat-tat

Holy shit... the carnival is comming to town... This is so out there and good. I'll be listening to this one many many many times.... Trombone/horns...Uke...Never would've put those two on the same plane... but you made it work... WOWZA this is good ;D ;D ;D
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Gnasty

Had to come back to this. That uke stands out so amazing. What chords you using there?

I`ll have to play with that. That`s so cool!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

cuthbert

Okay, I'm officially blown away...

Very creative use of the TJ horns, real drums (yeah!), and the hypnotic uke riff make this for me - it's a perfect bed for your lyrics and voice.

Superb, Hook!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Hook

Thanks for the kind words my friends. This one came in a bit of a flash but I'm very proud of it. I can't believe how much thumbjam has changed my tunes, never would I have imagined I could have written the horn lines much less be able to produce them on my own, so quickly!

Quote from: Gnasty on August 19, 2012, 08:39:33 AMWhat chords you using there?

unfortunately none of the chord shapes I used for this are on the uke chord chart I have. This is one of those tunes that I just made up the shapes according to the sound, so I really have no idea what I'm playing. I used a D minor blues for the thumjam, the Gsharp didn't always fit though. If I new how to notate chords I would. If you really want to know we could skype & i could show you.

Thanks for listening!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Redler

Brilliant tune and performing, Hook and RTT!!! The "lead uke"(?) gives a gentle psych vibe to this!! Love it!!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

great googly moogly !!!!