The Good Boundless with Phantasm777 on drums.

Started by Vaisvil, August 16, 2012, 07:56:05 PM

Vaisvil

as promised.

Time:
0:00
Volume:

phantasm777

this was one of my  'rising from the dead' songs. i had just started playing music to be recorded.
i've posted about 43 songs since i've been here and since i've been resurrected musically.

so i did this drum track about the time i was recording song number 1 (though my song writing and playing goes back to 74) or a bit sooner. either 2007 or 2008.

i don;t have the time right now to re-listen to it, but i hope i didnt stink up the track too much. at that point it was a song completely different than anything i've ever done before.

i've learned sooo much since then, on so many levels. and i do look forward to re-collaborating with chris sometime in the near future. i've said this once before but chris and i go back as friends and as bandmates as far back as 1974. when we were 15 and 16!

Nelson

Man this is smokin.

Love the vocals... so laid back and cool but present.

The drums are just killer.

Over all an awesome vibe.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Nelson

Quote from: phantasm777 on August 16, 2012, 11:13:19 PMthis was one of my  'rising from the dead' songs. i had just started playing music to be recorded.
i've posted about 43 songs since i've been here and since i've been resurrected musically.

so i did this drum track about the time i was recording song number 1 (though my song writing and playing goes back to 74) or a bit sooner. either 2007 or 2008.

i don;t have the time right now to re-listen to it, but i hope i didnt stink up the track too much. at that point it was a song completely different than anything i've ever done before.

i've learned sooo much since then, on so many levels. and i do look forward to re-collaborating with chris sometime in the near future. i've said this once before but chris and i go back as friends and as bandmates as far back as 1974. when we were 15 and 16!

I bet if you remixed with your new set up, it would really kick some ass.
Not that it doesn't already.  J A T
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

phantasm777

as i mentioned, this was one of the first things i did recording wise, while ressurecting my musical career, so to speak.

Nelson

Quote from: phantasm777 on September 01, 2012, 10:57:34 AMas i mentioned, this was one of the first things i did recording wise, while ressurecting my musical career, so to speak.

Golly gee batman.

Was just wondering if you thought about remixing, an old tune.

recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

launched

Jazzy spooky dissonant awesomeness - I love it!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

phantasm777

to nelson, this is chris's song, i don;t have any control over the mastering. but thanks.
thanks launched, it's all chris and me on drums.

Vaisvil

The musical details

I was challenged by someone to write a song in 18 notes per octave and this was a step along the way. This piece uses 6 notes per octave - that is, the whole tone scale, throughout. (C D E F# G# A# C) This is the scale that was made famous by Debussy. The scale does not have a perfect fifth but has loads of major thirds and augmented chords (augmented chord as used by George Harrison a lot - see A Northern Song). The double tracked bass is playing in parallel thirds through most (if not all) of the piece and I used Roland's version of Autotune, V-Vocal is make sure I was singing in the scale since that was the whole point. The mess was mixed down in Sonar 8.5

I thought and still do think Frank's drums are awesome here.

Chris

Nelson

Quote from: phantasm777 on September 04, 2012, 10:51:58 PMto nelson, this is chris's song, i don;t have any control over the mastering. but thanks.
thanks launched, it's all chris and me on drums.

Hell man,
I got it all mixed up. Thought it was an old tune of yours.

My Bad.......
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600