"Fade To Dust" a bruno & Hook original

Started by Hook, August 14, 2012, 12:21:53 PM

Hook

Fade To Dust
Time:
0:00
Volume:
On a roll the last few days. Got this track from bruno a few days ago. Wrote the lyric last night and recorded it in the cab of the truck with mbr this morning. bruno did all the music and I did the vocals and mastered on the mbr. Thanks for another great track bruno, hope you like it!
"Fade To Dust"
music written & performed by bruno
lyrics written & performed by Hook
I fade
To dust I disintegrate

I feel worthless, abandoned
Hopelessly forgotten
Disconnected, freakishly random
Spread thin, transparent like an onion skin
Disassociation, no need for resuscitation

Anxiousness fills my idle mind
Constantly writing between the lines
I fade
To dust I disintegrate

I feel partitioned, divided inconsistently
Structurally unsound, a facade of privacy
Disappointment as I evaporate
Into a synch less loop that gradually dilates

This pain I embrace
I wear the hurt like lace
I fear not, so into fear I fall
Feel less until you fee nothing at all

I fade
To dust I disintegrate

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

SwanSong

A Great collaboration guys. great effects.and vox.
enjoyed my listen all the way . a good bump NEIL.!

Geir

WOW !

You guys are most prolific !!

Very cool track. Love the bass and really cool synthsounds. Add to that the the great vocals and we have a winner !!

Great work guys !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

bruno

Thanks for the comments Swansong and Geir - appreciate the listen and comments.

Ah man - the hook-meister does it again. This is great - I love those lyrics - they are quite profound, and top notch vox! Thanks Bro.

My song creation invariable involves farting around with sounds - until I find something that I like, and then its builds in layers. This is no exception.

Now the techie bits ....

This started on the Korg Microstation with a stock multi sound, drums & bass & synthy fills - so I changed the speed and the arpegiator and some of the sounds till I was happy. Layered on heavy guitar (through the Blackstar HX pedal, through the fender emulation on the BR, set to quite a scooped sound - using the Music Man Guitar), added bass on the GR-20 (yeah, I know, I cheated - but it sound damn good, I never get that sound out of a real bass) - added the top guitar lead via the blackstar (less scooped), and doubled that up with the GR-20 with an eerie vocal  sound. Added a second drum track to the Korg track in the heavier verse part, to create a bigger contrast. Mixed and sent to hook for vocals - Hook does what he does best, and take my mad ramblings and increasingly outlandish track names - and turns them into a song!

B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Kenny B

This is EXCELLENT!!!  A very heavy tune musically in which the lyrics/vocals
work perfectly ... really dig this free flowing style ... NICE!!!

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

bruno

Thanks Kenny - I was going for quite a Korn sound (in my head). Hook did a less aggressive vocal style, but I think it works great - a hybrid, which I love. The lyrics from the Hook-meister are always top notch, I have no idea how he can write such fantastic lyrics in no time at all but I ain't complaining :-)

B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Hook

OTD bump for my musical brother! Hope you and all yours are rocking out, I can't wait for our next encounter!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Redler

Excellent backer and the bass line is just fantastic! The lyric/vox fits well on the feel of the music! Brilliant!

Now, I saw that this was recorded four years ago...! How I have missed this.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Groundy

I too missed this cracker,
Great collab guys,
And good bump.....

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

kenny mac

Another one I missed,I would have had great difficulty writing lyrics for this as it stands out instrumentally.
It's got a lot happening in it musically so well done Hook on harnessing the melody and riding it into the sunset.
You guys gel well ,another great collab.
Brilliant .