Name the Tune from song snippets

Started by 64Guitars, August 13, 2012, 05:35:50 PM

64Guitars

Quote from: Hook on August 15, 2012, 05:27:33 PM64G-oo5

"I know What I Like" by Genesis ?

Correct.

Quote from: Geir on August 15, 2012, 05:38:42 PM
Quote from: oldrottenhead on August 15, 2012, 05:30:07 PM06 is zepellin trampled underfoot or sumsuch hic burp fart
more like "When The Levee Breaks"

"When The Levee Breaks" by Led Zeppelin is correct.

Didn't somebody say early in the topic that it was too easy? Who was that now? Hmmm...  ::)  :D

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

FuzzFace

64G-010.mp3   Pink Floyd - Is There Anybody Out There?

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

no2 Winchester Cathedral - The New Vaudeville Band now i got it as an earworm arrrrggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on August 17, 2012, 03:02:55 PMno2 Winchester Cathedral - The New Vaudeville Band

Correct

Quote from: oldrottenhead on August 17, 2012, 03:02:55 PMnow i got it as an earworm arrrrggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh-bo-de-o-do   :D

It was a #1 hit in Canada. I even bought the 45 which I still have, though I haven't listened to it in over 40 years.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Geir

64G-11: "Close to the Edit" by The Art of Noise
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

phantasm777

64G-012: = free form guitar - chicago?

i believe i know 64G-013:  and  64G-014:  but don't want to go against the rules.

64Guitars

Quote from: phantasm777 on August 31, 2012, 10:50:20 AM64G-012: = free form guitar - chicago?

Correct.  The most awesome recording of guitar noises ever! I love that recording. In interviews, Jimi Hendrix has said that Terry Kath was one of his favourite guitarists. It's easy to understand why.

Quote from the album's liner notes:

"FREE FORM GUITAR was performed on a Fender Stratocaster guitar through a Showman amplifier equipped with a twin 15 bottom utilizing a Bogan P.A. amplifier as a pre-amp.  No electronic gimmicks or effects were used in the recording of this selection, the intent being to capture as faithfully as possible the actual sound of the performance as it occurred."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4X4rsw2vQ8

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

phantasm777

yes i heard that jimi said that too and the song is amazing. i always loved his use of wah wah on 25 or 6 to 4.

i know we're not suppose to guess 2 times in a row, but since no one is guessing, cause theyre hard. i can only come up with the group cause i forget the song which i am ashamed of cause im a huge yardbirds fan! :) and that's jimmy on guitar. 64G-014.mp3

i also know what 64G-013: is but i'll leave it for someone else