"Did I hear you say" - a funky little number!

Started by bruno, August 12, 2012, 04:42:01 AM

bruno

Track 124 - Did I Hear You Say
Time:
0:00
Volume:
What to do on a Sunday morning - missus is away at a writers conference, and the kids are out. An old song of mine - used to open our set with this (didn't have horns then though). Thought I'd do a new version of it!

Mine you - forgot to pan the instruments - but I didn't have time to remix - may do it later.

B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Hook

Holy crap man that's some killer funk you got going on! Off the hook awesome!!!!!
Funk On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

andy casson

Crikey this is good! Love it MR B, sounds bloody great in my cans! That's some wonderful guitar work, and loved the horns and sax

excellent
andy

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

bruno

Thanks all for your kind comments - I had a bit of fun recording this, this morning. Got me thinking - wondered if I had the original. Found a rehearsal recording - circa 94 or 95. Anyway, here it is in all its rawness.

Listening back - I took it rather fast today, not slowing down in my old age then  ;D ;D ;D ;D

recorder
Boss BR-1600

phantasm777

bruno

Ah Quincy, thanks Frank - not sure exactly what I was aiming for with this. Started out as crossroads (seriously) - but wasn't in the groove - liked the beat, and ended up play this old track, which I haven't thought about in years - it kinda layered on from there. The sax, brass and bass are courtesy of the GR-20, which sounds so darn punchy. I mean, the thing tracks wonderfully - but all the sounds seem to be spot on in a mix, I've no idea what Roland did, but it really works. I pushed all the levels in the mix, so it kinda knocks your fillings out a bit, but I kinda like that!!! Guitar was recorded with the ToneBone Hot British pedal into a Fender Twin emulation on the BR1600 - I think it has that Marshall growl which is quite nice (mainly from the ToneBone, which emulates a Plexi).
I'm waffling - time for bed!
B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

thetworegs

Loving it Bruno....let's have some more you can't beat a bit of funk on a Sunday morning ........come to think of it its not too bad on Mondays either...I wonder....maybe it's good on Tuesdays too...

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Gnasty

Whoa yeah Bruno that sounds fantastic and very pro. Love the guitar riffs and that sax sounds sweet as sugar!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Hi Bruno, this certainly has the wow factor for me. All the sounds are spot on. Great post............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800