Be careful about what you post publicly

Started by 64Guitars, August 07, 2012, 03:07:29 PM

thetworegs

Now that sounds like an invite......is there room for a Reg?

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Flash Harry

Quote from: thetworegs on August 08, 2012, 03:55:15 PMWhat's on the 24 th Harry.? If it's massive its got to be good but what is it?

My last day before a change of job. Having a bit of a wander down Devonshire and West Streets,
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

T.C. Elliott

Quote from: 64Guitars on August 07, 2012, 08:33:41 PMSeems to me that it would be awfully difficult to arrange. A hall or something would have to be rented and the costs shared by the attendees. We wouldn't know how big of a hall is needed until we have a firm commitment from everyone who plans to attend. But few people will commit to it until they know how much it will cost and exactly when and where it will be. Plus there's the question of availability. People have jobs, families, and other commitments. Many members simply wouldn't be able to attend no matter how much they wanted to. And what about transportation and accommodation? Our members are all over the world. I think very few could afford to travel to another continent for a Songcrafters get-together.

It's a nice idea but I can't see it working.

Smaller meetings are more practical. If a few members live in the same area and can arrange to meet at someone's house or a local bar, for example, that could work. They can discuss the arrangements with each other via PM and tell us all about it when they get back.

Or if someone is going to be traveling to another area on business or holidays, they can make arrangements to meet up with fellow Songcrafters who live in that area.

You make a good point, but.... We had around 20 members total at our shindig. There were 1319 different songwriters who posted at least one song during FAWM (in february) assuming no-one had any alter egos (which I'm sure there were at least a few.)

I think you're probably correct, though. It is more feasible to have smaller groups get together and share some fun. It's still fun to think about. And I just took my week and spent my vacation money on my wife and I attending this other deal so it'll be a bit before I'm ready for a road trip, most likely.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Geir

Quote from: thetworegs on August 08, 2012, 04:09:03 PMNow that sounds like an invite......is there room for a Reg?
oh yeah, at least one!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

thetworegs

that sounds great .....now all I have to do is convince Mrs Reg that it's a great idea to let me go and leave with the children twice in one year mmmmmm......now how to approach this  ??? ??? ???....

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

AndyR

Write her a nice song :)

(And then, in an effort to convince her that you're not singing about some other silly pretty girl *, try doing all the cooking, washing up, and cleaning for a bit...)

* Copyright Philip Lynott, "Don't Believe a Word"
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

AndyR

:)

Yeah, and in a half-hearted attempt to bring the thread back on topic -

If you do end up singing about some other pretty girl, and let's face it, it just cannot be avoided sometimes -

DO be careful about what you post publicly...

There's all sorts of people watching us... her mother, your wife, your wife's mother, her even... and let's not forget her husband, and some bloke in the USA that you've confided in, the taxman, your next door neighbour who could hear you recording it while your wife was away, your kids and ex-wife you haven't seen for 15 years, ex-band members, work-colleagues, the ticket inspector on the train...

The list is endless...

It's not just them unknown buggers who want to steal your assorted piles of money and your collections of guitars and rather fetching 80s jackets... no...

On the internet, it's the people that you actually know who are likely to end up reading stuff that you didn't really intend for them to hear :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Gnasty

Is it okay if someone else tells you that you went on vacation  ???

Quote from: launched on August 03, 2012, 05:28:08 PMGnasty is out of town for a few days, I'm sure he will add something!

:D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Gnasty

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase