If God Gave you....

Started by The Reverend 48, January 30, 2009, 04:06:12 AM

The Reverend 48

.............£1500/$3000 (not a penny more) to spend on a guitar what would you buy?

Id look for a mint 2nd Hand PRS custom 24 with birds :P

Flash Harry

.....I'd have nothing to spend.

However if the bank made an error in my favour, I'd get a Taylor acoustic.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Greeny

I'm torn on this one.

I want a REALLY good electro-acoustic. But I also want a Gretsch. Decisions decisions  :D

Tony

I just sold a guitar for AUD$1000 and it is burning a hole in my pocket so I have given this question some thought already.  I have to say that before I'd go and buy another guitar (although a Larrivee Grand Auditorum looks mighty pretty) I'd get either a double bass or an Eastman mandocello.  Then I would cry because I didn't have time to do the practice.  By the way, who is this God dude that gives away money?  If I knew someone like that, I'd probably worship the cat.

ianjm

Got to be an Ibanez jem 555. Would have been a Steve Vai sig but that goes over by £65.

Maybe theyed knock the £65 off for cash ;D

Bluesberry

I would run out very fast and get a Gibson ES-335 like the one in the link below.  I wouldn't even take the time to dress or throw a coat on or anything, as soon as that God dude laid the money in my hand I would be out the door and down the street.  I want it so bad I may not even wait on the God dude to come through with the money  :D
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Memphis-ES335-Dot-Figuredtop-electric-guitar-with-Gloss-Finish?sku=517280

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

steveblues50

it would have to be a les paul std.

BossMicroBRew

I would invest it in the stock markets, let it lose about 1/3 of its value, and then get a 1961 SG Reissue.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

AlchemyMN

Quote from: Bluesberry on January 30, 2009, 11:35:46 AMI would run out very fast and get a Gibson ES-335 like the one in the link below. 

Like this?

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o173/AlchemyMN/Michael01h.jpg

Seriously, I would get the matching ES-175, slightly used. Or invest in gold, watch is triple and buy a McPherson or Hoffman acoustic.

Wiley

I have a gibson les paul bass bought back in the middle 70's are they worht much?   LIsted at 900 us dollars back then.

Wondering?