Summer Drive (acoustic instrumental)

Started by Bluesberry, August 03, 2012, 06:06:55 PM

Bluesberry

Summer drive
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I got an hour to turn on the machine.  Strapped on my old (30 yrs old) Yamaha acoustic.  I just changed out the saddle (tusq) and put new strings on, what a difference in sound.  I just had to try to record something to see how it sounds.  Recorded on my microBR in two passes, the first the main part, the second the solo at the end.  Not much thought went into this other than thinking about taking a nice summer drive to PEI this weekend for a weeks vacation.  Damn do I need a vacation.

Tuning: DGDGCE

Here is my Yamaha SJ-180, bought new in 1982 (used to be my brothers guitar).  They called these old Yamahas the poor mans Martin, they were modeled (copied) from a 000 style Martin but were cheap as dirt.  Cool tone for such a cheap old guitar.  I have just recently started playing it again after it sitting in a closet and under the bed for many many years.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

Just when I'm feeling mellow, what lands in my lap but a fabulous Bluesberry masterpiece! What a great recording, sounds like I'm there!

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

SwanSong

WOW. what a nice feel to this song. for sure.
a sweet gentle sound. great picking great job
cheers NEIL.!

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

SE

Have a great holiday and what a great acoustic tune, magic!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Rata-tat-tat

Hell yeah... this is freakin beautiful Dave... LOVE IT!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Bluesberry

Thanks fellas, it fells good to get something posted finally.  I haven't been doing much recording lately, but I am playing a lot of acoustic in every spare moment I can squeeze out.  Trying to work out the fingerpicking style, with the steady bass, thats the challenge, I just love that sound.  

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Hook

Damn fine fingerpicking going on, that's the way to start off a morning....wait the coffee just finished percolating....better, let's listen again!
Rock On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah I said ROCK ON!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Oldrottenhead

sitting in the sun in crete lapping this up. my holiday is close to it's end. you have a good one when you get away.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann