1st MicroBR Project - Introduction (Updated)

Started by BossMicroBRew, January 29, 2009, 06:12:02 PM

BossMicroBRew

Conceptual idea updated!!  Thoughts??!!  All, thank you again for the feedback.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Pedro

I hope everyone enjoys this updated idea and further, I hope that by using only the Micro BR on this first project everyone can improve their Micro BR techniques.

May this contribute to the community with new possibilities while keeping the non-competitive and open spirit!  :)

Super 8

I dunno ... bottom-line:  MUSIC IS NOT (or should not be!) A COMPETITION.  You get enough of that force fed to you every time you switch on the TV.  The competitive nature of 'music' (?) programmes such as 'Pop Idol', 'X-Factor', 'Who Wants To Be A Joseph' (or whatever the f*ck it's called!) is, in my opinion, the death knell to 'Popular Music' as we once knew it.   

I'm new to this forum and have to say I REALLY like it!  There's genuine, helpful folks here and I for one don't want to start giving them marks based on some kinda points system for their work.  Music is what it is.  It's subjective and that's what makes it so GREAT!  As it currently stands it makes a refreshing change to be able to browse through the 'Post Your Work' section, listen to the latest posts and hear both the artist's story behind their latest creation and listener's opinions/comments (be it of praise or constructive criticism).  The thing is, regardless of personal musical taste, the feedback ALWAYS appears heartfelt and natural.  Of course there's an unsaid pecking order (let's face it, we all know Greeny is to the microBR what Lennon was to Abbey Road's Studer 4 track machine way back in the day!) but there's still currently room for everyone here, from musical genius to the enthusiastic amateur just starting out on their own personal musical journey. 

If we start introducing a commercial, competive nature a lot of us lesser mortals will just stop posting here (for fear of getting the dreaded ONE STAR!) and will probably move on elsewhere.  Call me a Luddite but I'd much rather it stayed exactly the way it is ie: 'If it's not broken don't try to fix it an' all that!'  Just my two pence for what it's worth!  'Keep On Rocking In The Free World' - TR!P (Super 8)

3guitarsEddy

I dont think we would like it if it turned into something like The Eurovision Song contest now, would we???

keep on strumming

Eddy

Greeny

Love the changes and the new approach. It's completely within the spririt of this community, and should be a lot of fun now. Because of the very different types of talent on here, we should be treated to some interesting and eclectic interpretations of each chosen song.

Many thanks, guys  :)

tafka

INTERESTING. Tim Green has just posted the best compliment i have had here. Bluesberry and Forte8 and i have been "challenging" each other with various blues takes. no winner declared but a lot learned by all. pickup selection , tones , phrasing. this seems like a good idea to me.

Tony J.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Kody

Okay, I have a question....

I was wandering if there's anyway of letting me participate in the future "project" with my BR900? It's almost the same thing, just a little bigger.( okay, about 7 times bigger) I won't cry if you say no.lol. I'll totally understand.  I have no clue if I'm even capable of doing whatever song gets chosen and what not.  I know it's been covered in the rules- but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.
I don't want to sound like a whiner, but there is no forum for big brs. Even if there was- I'm sure it wouldn't compare to this place. I've never been more inspired musically than this very site w/ all the different styles, talents, and locations of you all.  Just throwing it out there ;)

Thanks

Kody H.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

tafka

in my oppinion i would not mind if you entered.
its honnest of you to state that you have a different recorder in the first place.

Tony J.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

tkofaith

Quote from: Acoustick_NE on February 04, 2009, 10:26:47 PMOkay, I have a question....

I was wandering if there's anyway of letting me participate in the future "project" with my BR900? It's almost the same thing, just a little bigger.( okay, about 7 times bigger) I won't cry if you say no.lol. I'll totally understand.  I have no clue if I'm even capable of doing whatever song gets chosen and what not.  I know it's been covered in the rules- but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.
I don't want to sound like a whiner, but there is no forum for big brs. Even if there was- I'm sure it wouldn't compare to this place. I've never been more inspired musically than this very site w/ all the different styles, talents, and locations of you all.  Just throwing it out there ;)

Thanks

Kody H.

I don't have a problem with it.
Cheers!

Tim

"Music survives everything, and like God, it is always present.
It needs no help, and suffers no hindrance.  It has always found
me, and with God's blessing and permission, it always will."
--Eric Clapton

Mudhut

I missed all this  :o I will have to keep my eyes open more. Sounds like a cool idea
Keep on rocking in the free world :)