The 2012 London Olympics

Started by Facemask93, July 27, 2012, 06:28:50 PM

Burtog

I thought the Kaiser Cheifs did a great version of Pinball Wizard, some of the other musical choices were a bit suspect and disappointing tho - George Michael for one!!
recorder
Boss BR-800

Flash Harry

George Michael, Kate Moss = Drug abuse (big tick from the GB Olympics,)

Naomi Campbell = Blood Diamonds and friend to despots. (another big tick from GB Olympics)

I did question these people being there, but along came the Spice Girls, which showed me that little thought had been applied to who was representing us.

Thankfully, the people who really did a great job of representing us were the athletes, how uplifting it was to see Mo Fara draped in the Union Jack. For a short time at least this symbol had been reclaimed for Britain.

I hope that the glow of the Olympics lasts for a while. I'm trying not to be cynical.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Hilary

Quote from: Burtog on August 13, 2012, 01:56:16 AMI thought the Kaiser Cheifs did a great version of Pinball Wizard, some of the other musical choices were a bit suspect and disappointing tho - George Michael for one!!

I completely agree - I thought the sound was really suspect on some them and the miming! Tinie Tempah rappin to The Bee Gees (!) You Should be Dancing (much prefer AndyR's version x) and Jessie J butchered We will Rock You (although she can definately sing and has balls of steel) - I can sleep better now watching Russell Brand mime to I am the Walrus and Victoria Beckham as a British fashionsita - really! Uncool and proud - loved The Spice Girls on the pimped up Taxis (did you notice they didn't interact with each other, apparently they agreed to reunite but not interact) - thank the Lord, Macca and Sir Cliff didn't perform!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Gnasty

Pick a new name for "The Spice Girls"

The Silicone Sisters

The Botox Babes

The Lip-Synch Losers

The Brutal Bitches
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Gnasty

Quote from: Gnasty on August 13, 2012, 08:36:02 AMPick a new name for "The Spice Girls"

The Silicone Sisters

The Botox Babes

The Lip-Synch Losers

The Brutal Bitches

I should copyright these!  :D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

64Guitars

Quote from: bruno on August 13, 2012, 01:03:01 AMSo the lower estimates are £9 Billion = £9000 Million. That is approx £140 per man, woman and child in the country, or approx £600 per family. Was it worth it? Gotta pay the piper now!
B.

It's cheaper to go to Mars!

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Burtog

Quote from: Hilary on August 13, 2012, 06:50:12 AM
Quote from: Burtog on August 13, 2012, 01:56:16 AMI thought the Kaiser Cheifs did a great version of Pinball Wizard, some of the other musical choices were a bit suspect and disappointing tho - George Michael for one!!

I completely agree - I thought the sound was really suspect on some them and the miming! Tinie Tempah rappin to The Bee Gees (!) You Should be Dancing (much prefer AndyR's version x) and Jessie J butchered We will Rock You (although she can definately sing and has balls of steel) - I can sleep better now watching Russell Brand mime to I am the Walrus and Victoria Beckham as a British fashionsita - really! Uncool and proud - loved The Spice Girls on the pimped up Taxis (did you notice they didn't interact with each other, apparently they agreed to reunite but not interact) - thank the Lord, Macca and Sir Cliff didn't perform!

Forgot to mention Beady Eye were shocking too. Annie Lennox can still sing tho!

L
recorder
Boss BR-800

Hilary

Quote from: Burtog on August 13, 2012, 12:47:12 PM

Forgot to mention Beady Eye were shocking too. Annie Lennox can still sing tho!

L
[/quote]

I thought she was miming and the sound wasn't right - she is a legend though. Beady Eye - Noel must have given his permission for Liam to sing Wonderwall - bet that was an interesting conversation - still as a writer you get royalties pro-rata on admissions so no wonder he said yes.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça