The 2012 London Olympics

Started by Facemask93, July 27, 2012, 06:28:50 PM

Greeny

As long as you aren't on a Stratford or West Ham bound train, you should be OK. I'm guessing major interchanges for the Jubillee and Central line might get quite busy at certain times.

Burtog

I'd just like to mention that if YORKSHIRE was a country it would be seventh in the medals table right now!!!

Thank-you!!
recorder
Boss BR-800

Flash Harry

Reet On Mah Mate.

Otley took the first medal of the games for Britain.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

hooper

Congratulations, Andy Murry! 
Well deserved gold. 

'If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster/And treat those two impostors just the same...'
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

bruno

Quote from: Greeny on August 03, 2012, 07:14:05 AMThis was the Circle Line at 5:15pm last night. I took a pic because I've never seen it empty before!  :D

Wow - I remember it was like that when I was growing up in the 70's on a Sunday!
B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Vanncad

First time in my life I actually watched a men's tennis match (well almost all of it  ;D)

Hey ORH - I thought of you when Andy won. Congratulations!

Still can't beat women's beach volleyball though  :o
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Facemask93

Did anyone else think Ray davis looked like a pantomime dame in the closing show tonight , just as bad as Macca looked and sounded in the opening ceremony , still enjoyed it though , in fact well done team GB and all that took part making it a total success 

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Hilary

Quote from: facemask93 on August 12, 2012, 05:00:41 PMDid anyone else think Ray davis looked like a pantomime dame in the closing show tonight , just as bad as Macca looked and sounded in the opening ceremony . . .

definately - go grey and short - 'tis the only way. Great ceremony though :)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

bruno

So the lower estimates are £9 Billion = £9000 Million. That is approx £140 per man, woman and child in the country, or approx £600 per family. Was it worth it? Gotta pay the piper now!
B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Oldrottenhead

Quote from: Vanncad on August 05, 2012, 10:44:14 PMFirst time in my life I actually watched a men's tennis match (well almost all of it  ;D)

Hey ORH - I thought of you when Andy won. Congratulations!

Still can't beat women's beach volleyball though  :o
i didn't even know that, i am not a big sports fan, what with being away on holiday and all during the games, i never really took in much of the olympics. i saw a bit of the openening ceremony and the women's beach volleybal and occassional news bulletins before i left for crete but it pretty much passed me by.

after seeing a bit of the closing ceremony last night, i am dreading how rubbish the commonwealth games are gonna look in comparrison, when glasgow hosts the games in 2014.

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann