The 2012 London Olympics

Started by Facemask93, July 27, 2012, 06:28:50 PM

Facemask93

I've been driving the bike road race route all week , & interesting to see how the local council spruced up the highway & foot paths for the event , not that it needed it much considering it goes through one of the most exclusive parts of Surrey , we went out both days to show support for the men's and women's team GB coming through Leatherhead town , must say it was good
Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

64Guitars

I just stumbled across Jon Anderson's new tribute to the Olympics. It's based on the Chariots of Fire music with Jon's lyrics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq4j9BlSxzw

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Facemask93

Excellent 64 , i just love Jon Andersons voice

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

ODH

Quote from: Burtog on July 29, 2012, 06:05:22 AMI think Floyd or Bowie should have done a number there. It was probably the most predicatable part of the evening.

Yeah, I agree.  Or Motorhead.  Or Hawkwind.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: 64Guitars on July 31, 2012, 04:09:13 PMI just stumbled across Jon Anderson's new tribute to the Olympics. It's based on the Chariots of Fire music with Jon's lyrics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq4j9BlSxzw

Wow Jon Anderson still has that wonderful voice! Thanks for posting 64.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Greeny

Central London is like a ghost town. All the shops and restaurants are wondering where the hell these 'extra million visitors a day' they were promised have gone.

Seems like all the usual tourists we get at this time of year have stayed at home (or have been priced out by the hotel hikes), cancelling out any increase in the number of people here.

Greeny

This was the Circle Line at 5:15pm last night. I took a pic because I've never seen it empty before!  :D

AndyR

Quote from: Greeny on August 03, 2012, 07:14:05 AMThis was the Circle Line at 5:15pm last night. I took a pic because I've never seen it empty before!  :D

WOW!! I've been sat at home in Streatham (using leave to get recording and stuff done while Mrs R's in India)... I've been dreading having to brave all this idiocy to get to work next week...

So tfL has managed to scare us all off and there's no-one about?!!!

Hilarious :D

So it's not as bad as everyone feared?

If this is the case, then I do hope various public transport folks will be giving their bonuses for "having to work a bit harder doing our jobs" back :D

(I bet it'll be completely sh1t next week now...)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Greeny

It reminds me of the (tens of) thousands of people in the UK who were 'supposed' to die in the Swine Flu epedemic. Wasn't it something like 5 in the end?!

I did see a busy train this morning, but that was going to Stratford at 7am and had all the Olympic volunteers going to work. From what I've seen, and what I've heard from others, the venues themselves are very busy, but the rest of London is way quieter than usual. My journey to work for the last 2 days has been a doddle.

So much for these billions of £'s of tourist spending they were using to justify the cost of the games!

Burtog

Quote from: Greeny on August 03, 2012, 07:14:05 AMThis was the Circle Line at 5:15pm last night. I took a pic because I've never seen it empty before!  :D

Great artwork for an album cover and I'm guesssing that there might be a song idea here too??
recorder
Boss BR-800