The 2012 London Olympics

Started by Facemask93, July 27, 2012, 06:28:50 PM

Facemask93

Good luck to all competitors in the 2012 london olympic games , anyone watching the opening ceremony tonight , could not fail to be impressed with Danny boyle's amazing opener , wow it was amazing , I've been driving to work all week along the route of the Olympic bike road race , which , by the way cuts us off from the surrounding areas for a few days because all roads are closed , looking forward to the women's beach vollyball ha ha
The opener was watched by a billion people world wide , macca sang hey Jude & pink floyd was played while the awesome caldron was lit
Well done Danny Boyle and all those that took part , now let's have some great sport

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

64Guitars

Yeah. I've always liked Mr. Bean. He cracks me up.  :)

I can't find any other videos of the opening ceremony. Are they going to great lengths to prevent people from uploading them to YouTube, or is it just too soon? I'll search again later. I'd like to see Paul McCartney at least.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

launched

I'm looking forward to watching a lot of the olympics this year. Many, many veteran athletes to watch for - It will be exciting!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Nelson

The Opening was absolutely brilliant.

So glad they didn't go with some futuristic bullshit.

The iron workers were aces.

The powers that be did the people proud, with a wonderful display.

Congrats... Now lets get this party started
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Oldrottenhead

the ladies beach volleyball on right now. magic.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

kenny mac

There seemed to be a timing problem at the start of Paul mccartneys hey Jude think it was a moniter delay.

Burtog

Quote from: kenny mac on July 29, 2012, 05:23:12 AMThere seemed to be a timing problem at the start of Paul mccartneys hey Jude think it was a moniter delay.

Yeah, noticed that too.

I think Floyd or Bowie should have done a number there. It was probably the most predicatable part of the evening.
recorder
Boss BR-800

SE

Great start to the games, was watching gymnastics yesterday, something that I would never do, this young guy was doing his stuff for the GB team and afterwards he broke down cause it meant so much to him, never been very patriotic, but that brought a lump the the throat.
recorder
Boss BR-80