Could someone Help me!..(BOSS BR-1200) diffrent ''Error'' problem this time???

Started by bluemeenie, July 25, 2012, 09:27:58 PM

bluemeenie

Hello me again i was getting a (''error memory full'') problem on my boss br-1200 the other night and it wouldn't let me lay down anymore drum parts of the song i was working on using the EZ compose feature,..so in the end i deleted the whole file and started from scratch with the track i saved)..no more problems there)..but then last-night when i tried to save the (new) drum arrangement i was putting together, i got a (''HDD Write Error!'')...What!??..that's ridiculous man!..???...but tonight it's been okay,with no error problems saving ect..strange?..i haven't actually optimized the BR yet, so maybe that's why? and i really should, getting rid of old data ect..?? but i also haven't used it that much either, and its been well looked after!..:)..i cant understand why i got a few different error messages come up,and now it's fine?? any help or information would be much appreciated!)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Audacity
                                                                                                                                                                  Going to be one of the faces?:What do you mean going to be? I AM one of the faces!

64Guitars

Quote from: bluemeenie on July 25, 2012, 09:27:58 PMi haven't actually optimized the BR yet, so maybe that's why?

Just to be clear, Song Optimize doesn't optimize the whole BR. It just optimizes the current song. And, yes, it could perhaps cause a write error, although it could also be due to something entirely different. I would suggest optimizing the song in which you got the error.

If you continue to have similar problems, I suggest contacting Roland Tech Support by phone or email. Contact info for the UK is here:

http://www.roland.co.uk/articles/default.aspx?c=34#.UBbM5c_qXks

They will probably advise you to initialize the hard drive which, of course, will erase all of your songs, so make sure you have a backup before you do it. But contact Roland first. They may have a simpler solution. Also, tell them that your BR-1200 only has version 1.01. That could be the reason for your troubles. They will probably tell you how to upgrade to the current version (1.20), or suggest that you return the unit to them for testing and upgrade under warranty.

Good luck.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

bluemeenie

Hey 64 Guitars, thank-you for the information much appreciated..:) i deleted the whole (original) song file and started again, as the original one wasn't letting me lay down anymore drum patterns ect..but i was able to lay down drum patterns on a few other songs that i have on the BR??..so i thought id just start a fresh one, as i gathered id probably used up some data on the (original) file that i was working on, and that's why it wouldn't let me add anymore drum patterns ect to it..and that seemed to do the trick okay) i was able to lay down the drum arrangement again in the (new) file, happy days..:)....but like i said i got the (''HDD Write Error'') i think i also got the (''HDD Full'') message pop up a few weeks beforehand!..it seems okay now)..but it's also a bit frustrating..???.as i haven't used the BR unit loads of times..only lately) but in all that time that i have used it from the day i got it (brand new), i thought maybe the data has built up with audio,deleting,undo,ect...and thought that i could just optimize the whole BR unit and  get rid of the unwanted data,i didn't realize at first its just for the current song that you have selected?.. i haven't actually done it yet,but might give it go!...i got the BR-1200 about 4 or 5 years ago,so not sure if it would still be under warranty very doubtful??..any information would be appreciated!..cheers)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Audacity
                                                                                                                                                                  Going to be one of the faces?:What do you mean going to be? I AM one of the faces!