Collaboration Anyone?

Started by launched, July 21, 2012, 04:26:29 PM

Rata-tat-tat

Moon (Drum-Clap MP3)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's a drum track... In case anyone wants to mess around with this for sumtin else... I threw some claps in there also... Hope ya don't mind!!! Very kewl groove!!! I like yer style Marky!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

maxit

hey this one is super cool sound - looking forward to see where is going to. must be a special place ! the nirvana feels in the first verse is really blowing my mind - weirdness and mistery here. I'll not collaborate cause I really wouldnt know what to do, but I'm really enjoying the ride ;-) wow!   weel done mark & CO
recorder
Audacity

launched

moon3
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I had a few minutes to assemble more of this. Put Todd's sweet drum track in and SE's killer vox. There will be more tweaking, and I have some guitar to put in too, and more guitar tracks I haven't received yet.

So, more to come soon!

Edit: Drum track was off a little so I had to fix that!

Edit2: Added some of SE's guitar on the verses
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Hook

Love this so far. Going to put some uke on this afternoon after my gig!

Quote from: Rata-tat-tat on July 30, 2012, 12:56:38 AMHere's a drum track... In case anyone wants to mess around with this for sumtin else... I threw some claps in there also... Hope ya don't mind!!! Very kewl groove!!! I like yer style Marky!!!
Oh yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

launched

Quote from: Hook on August 01, 2012, 06:16:10 AMLove this so far. Going to put some uke on this afternoon after my gig!

Can't wait to hear it, bro - I know it will be goooood!!
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Rata-tat-tat

Hell yeah... fellas... comming along nicely!!! Thanks for fixing that Mark... Was it the file transfer or was it my timing??? I'm getting old... My meter aint what it used to be!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

launched

Quote from: Rata-tat-tat on August 01, 2012, 10:15:38 AMHell yeah... fellas... comming along nicely!!! Thanks for fixing that Mark... Was it the file transfer or was it my timing??? I'm getting old... My meter aint what it used to be!!!

It wasn't you, bro - There was a space at the beginning of the wav file I thought I removed, but didn't. Not sure why a wav file did that, usually it's MP3's..

But either way, the drum track rocks!
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Speed Demon

Check your email. I sent you a guitar rhythm track.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Kenny B

This is a cool tune!!!  Finally got a chance to
listen after following along and this has turned into
a real fine classic Launched & Friends tune!!!

... and still going ... DIG IT!!!

Quote from: 64Guitars on July 28, 2012, 05:15:32 PMWhat you'll find is that Mark's files have about 30 to 40 milliseconds of silence at the start. This is an artifact of the MP3 format. By design, it pads the start of the file. The amount of silence added varies with each MP3 file.

Kind of scary with this MP3 artifact ... does this happen
with .wav files too?  I've been messing around with Audacity
and there's so much but I think I'm missing something.  Is
there a way to change the timing from seconds to measures
for editing in a drum pattern method?
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Thanks, Kenny - You are the man! I've been playing around with your post, have it in my MBR. Hope I can get something finished before the end of the fest!

Quote from: Kenny B on August 01, 2012, 01:19:47 PM
Quote from: 64Guitars on July 28, 2012, 05:15:32 PMWhat you'll find is that Mark's files have about 30 to 40 milliseconds of silence at the start. This is an artifact of the MP3 format. By design, it pads the start of the file. The amount of silence added varies with each MP3 file.

Kind of scary with this MP3 artifact ... does this happen
with .wav files too?  I've been messing around with Audacity
and there's so much but I think I'm missing something.  Is
there a way to change the timing from seconds to measures
for editing in a drum pattern method?

Well, it just happened to me with Tod's .wav drumtrack - It's easy to fix with Audacity, though, as 64 has mentioned. And any exports after fixing (Using the click track method) will work in time, at least with our BR products.

I don't know about the measures, though - I'll have to check. Due to the fact that there's no midi, not sure if it would be available as there is no need for it to sync with a measure. I see what you mean, though. It would be a great way to edit - I'd love to be able to cut and paste by measure in Audacity. Maybe there's a workaround...

recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover