wah wah pedal?

Started by mr2cool, January 28, 2009, 07:20:00 PM

guitarron

Quote from: M_Glenn_M on January 28, 2009, 10:41:05 PMI got the Vox but only because it was 1/3 the price of the Cry Baby. It has a nice growl/edge to it and a large spectrum of tone.
I agree, the vox is a bit noisy at times and the click off is tiresome and there is a big jump in tone when you do.
agreed -i have an 847
sounds great but noisy
the new fangled "modeled" wahs seem interesting-haven't tried one yet

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

I have a dirt-cheap Bespeco (italian brand) wah-wah pedal, and it works just fine with the BR. I've had it a while (6 years), and although I know they are prone to dirty pots messing up the sound, I haven't had any issues yet.

Flash Harry

I have a cry baby too. I have never had a moments trouble or noise from it. Even when it hasn't been used for months, I get it out of it's bag, plug it in and away it goes.

As reliable as a reliable thing.   ;D
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

hewhoiscalledj

Cry Baby fan and user here too. Sounds like a wah is supposed to. My only problem with it is I wish mine had an LED light so i know when it's on and off. I can figure it out anyway, but it would give me a little more confidence. Shouldnt be a tough mod but i'm silly with the soddering iron.

Pogrom

I use a standard Cry Baby. Lucky enough to have gotten it used and it came with an AC adapter.
I don't use it very often, however, as it just doesn't really fit into any of the songs I've written. Maybe soon.
"...Let the suicide of music take control..." - Deadsy

mr2kewl

looks like the cry baby the favorite around here. maybe i'll keep an eye on eBay for a deal. so far i've gotten both my guitars there.
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Greeny

Quote from: mr2cool on January 30, 2009, 05:08:12 AMlooks like the cry baby the favorite around here. maybe i'll keep an eye on eBay for a deal. so far i've gotten both my guitars there.

The cry baby is just one of those definitive classics. Like the Ibanez Tube Screamer and Big Muff pedals. Would love to have all three of those oneday.

AlchemyMN

Try the Boss PW-10 V-Wah - several wah models in one (CryBaby, Vox, Morley, Voice), plus a UniVibe.  Very quiet, less than US$125.  It also combines several of the Boss distortions that can be mixed and matched with the varioous Wahs.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-PW10-VWah-Pedal?sku=151425

I have used a Mister CryBaby (Vol/Wah) for years live, but I switched to the V-wah for recording.  I may move the V-Wah into my main pedalboard because i love the Univibe.

mr2kewl

i've been reading reviews and hearing what you guys are recommending. i should probably just go down to the guitar shop and take some for a spin.
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

BossMicroBRew

Quote from: mr2cool on January 31, 2009, 07:14:07 AMi've been reading reviews and hearing what you guys are recommending. i should probably just go down to the guitar shop and take some for a spin.

Not a bad plan. Can you do an experiment for me? Hook up two wahs, use them in opposite directions...do they cancel each other out??? Good luck, let us know what you acquire.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton