wah wah pedal?

Started by mr2cool, January 28, 2009, 07:20:00 PM

mr2kewl

i'm wanting to invest in a wah wah pedal that will be clean enough to work with the MBR. any thoughts on a decent model?

markr
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

BossMicroBRew

Get something heavy, grippy, and all-metal.  I'm no pro(or amateur either :D :D), but you can't really go wrong with your standard Crybaby. I think the clean sounds through one of these puppies is awesome. Some come with a free adapter right now at Musicians Friend...

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dunlop-Original-Crybaby-Wah-Pedal?sku=151000

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dunlop-Crybaby-Classic-Fasel-Inductor-Wah-Pedal?sku=151026

A friend of mine swears by the Morley Steve Vai Bad Horsie, though. Not a big fan of it, personally.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Tony

I use a Vox Wah pedal with the MBR and I like it a lot.  It records really well for me.

mr2kewl

morely has several electro-optical pots. i would think that that would eleminate any sort of noise as opposed to mechanical pots. are yours mechanical or electro?
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

64Guitars

I've had a Cry Baby for almost 40 years and I've never had a problem with noise.

The new VOX Big Bad Wah looks pretty cool. It's supposed to be available in February.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

BossMicroBRew

Quote from: mr2cool on January 28, 2009, 07:55:42 PMmorely has several electro-optical pots. i would think that that would eleminate any sort of noise as opposed to mechanical pots. are yours mechanical or electro?
Quote from: 64Guitars on January 28, 2009, 08:02:24 PMI've had a Cry Baby for almost 40 years and I've never had a problem with noise.

Don't have the slightest clue...I'm assuming mechanical. I have a regular ole Crybaby too and I am completely happy with it.

Kody

I've had good luck with the Morely Bad Horsey Wahs- I like that you don't have to click it on. Also had the Boss V-Wah- liked it. I'm all Line6 upped these days- I have like 10 different wah sounds to choose from in my Podxt/Footboard...
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

BossMicroBRew

Quote from: Acoustick_NE on January 28, 2009, 09:09:39 PMI've had good luck with the Morely Bad Horsey Wahs- I like that you don't have to click it on.

Hey, good point, forgot about that. That's definitely a feature I wish I had. Eureka! :o Maybe I am a fan?!

Glenn Mitchell

I got the Vox but only because it was 1/3 the price of the Cry Baby. It has a nice growl/edge to it and a large spectrum of tone.
I agree, the vox is a bit noisy at times and the click off is tiresome and there is a big jump in tone when you do.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

mr2kewl

hmmm....Line6. i'm already using a Line6 UX-1. i'll have check out their stuff. the other factor for me and my "Shoestring Productions" is $$$.  thanks for the input guys.