Anyway... - AndyR Original

Started by AndyR, July 08, 2012, 01:28:46 PM

Mach

Quote from: AndyR on July 08, 2012, 01:28:46 PMFor me, this is very rough around the edges. Some of the vocal performance could be improved
Well to me it's a very smooth roughness. Dude I would love to be able to sing and deliver a performance like you have produced here. Leave it as is...there is so much emotion dripping from this gem. Well Done.

Mach
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

bruno

Fab vocals - fine delivery. Love the bare guitar and organ - great stuff.
B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Oldrottenhead

had this one looping on the piepod on the walk to and the walk back from work today. absolute perfection andy i love all the pluralisation of the wordssss
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Gnasty

Yes this is so amazing Andy but everything you do is. So heartfelt emotion on this. I love the blues
and this is right up there with the best for me. Excellent job and song!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Rata-tat-tat

Wow..... just wow.... this is some fine freakin music Andy. Got the rain poorin outside my window.... Perfect blues song to go with the natural backer I got goin on up here in AK.... Smashing buddy!!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Hook

Spectasticular! If this is rough than you have that rough quality that people try all there life to perfect!
Top shelf in every way!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Hi Andy, commented on this on Alonetone but I can play this many times over and still get great enjoyment from it. What else is in your broom cupboard??................Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Hilary

Quote from: Willie Wendon on July 10, 2012, 04:52:39 AM. . . I can play this many times over and still get great enjoyment from it.

me too.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

AndyR

Cheers folks :)

I can't see alonetone at work - I'm longing to know: is it at the top of the "ass-kicking" list? (Not that I pay ANY attention to this sort of thing, at all... no siree! :D)

Well, what's in the broom-cupboard? (apart from too many guitars/etc - sheesh it's getting a bit fraught in there...)

Songs-wise there's a load of stuff, most of it on paper. I have several old things I'd like to treat in the same acoustic sort of way. For example, I was gearing up to play something called "If You Knew" when I wrote this one. This one is the flip-side of the emotions described in "If You Knew". IYK was written in 1994 and is a "Day at the Races" era Freddie Mercury sort of song - I was rehearsing it again last night.

But I'm also begining to think I ought to get rocking again - everyone's gonna think I'm an acoustic artiste!!! I have the entire set from my last band (most of which I would like to record). And then what about the songs they didn't want to do because they didn't understand them?

And then what about the new ones that happen everytime I try to do something old?!!

And also, I want to record ALL of the Bee Gees songs that got me started in '70 or '71. That became kind of pressing in the back of my mind when Robin Gibb died.

So... the broom cupboard is quite full, literally and metaphorically... I do in fact feel very very lucky at the moment - wish I had some more time though! :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Oldrottenhead

i like my cupboard unner the stairs, everyone should have one.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann