Anyway... - AndyR Original

Started by AndyR, July 08, 2012, 01:28:46 PM

AndyR

So I was locked in the broom-cupboard, checking out some old songs that need recording.

I'd just picked one and then suddenly this thing came out of nowehere. It started with one of those guitarist doodles that other musicians love so much at rehearsals.

That doodle became the intro to this. I just started singing and before I knew it I had two verses.

I checked it out with Madame La Muse, she liked it, so I wrote the bridge and recorded it.

It was done live with an acoustic but no click. It would have done like that, but I felt it was missing something. I could hear an organ part, mebbe. This isn't it really, but it's as close as I could get... :D

For me, this is very rough around the edges. Some of the vocal performance could be improved, the guitar part isn't set in stone yet, and the organ, well the organ had trouble playing in time with the guitar not figured out! But I like the vibe, and I wouldn't be able to repeat it or improve on it without some weeks of learning/rehearsing.

So as it is, with me fingers crossed, I think this version's good enough for something that didn't exist this morning :)

Anyway...
Words & Music AndyR
Recorded on a BR1600
Guitar, Vocals, and Organ - AndyR
--------------------------------

If I back off
And shut my mouth
For a moment or two
And let you be
Let you think
Would you find me
Anyway...

Some folks read
Some folks write
Some folks sing, stay up all night
If I go back
To the start
Would you find me
Anyway...

Enthusiastic as I am
Often forget you understand
Please forgive how I behave
Need you to find me
Anyway...

Enthusiastic as I am
Often forget you understand
Please forgive how I behave
Need you to find me
Anyway...

If I back off
And shut my mouth
For a moment or two
And let you be
Let you think
Would you find me
Anyway...

Could you find me
Anyway...

Copyright (c) 2012 A A J Russe. All Rights Reserved.
Time:
0:00
Volume:

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

andy casson

Holy smokes Andy this is pure class! You have a voice to die for! Loved it, the riff, the emotion, so simple and effective

andy

Oldrottenhead

in the cupboard! in the cupboard! braw tell yer maw!

on my piepod and now i hear the organ, who needs a bloody click tack when you have a body clock like yours
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hilary

Always listen to your wife Andy, she knows what she's talking about  ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

AndyR

Quote from: oldrottenhead on July 08, 2012, 01:44:08 PMwho needs a bloody click tack when you have a body clock like yours

Tell that to the bass-player!! :D

I tried to stick double-bass on this version, but it wasn't possible to "get with" the guitarist (and the organ has trouble in places :D).

Already been discussing it with someone on alonetone - he can hear the arrangement that I've also spotted, cool rhythm, bass, organ and clean-ish blues guitar. Might do a version like that in the future.

Quote from: Hilary on July 08, 2012, 01:52:43 PMAlways listen to your wife Andy, she knows what she's talking about  ;D

Yep, nothing gets posted without her liking it first!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Oldrottenhead

get flash harry in i remember he did some cat herding with me and geir actually added bass and drums after we had done our parts. cat herding was his description of trying to keep time with us.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

AndyR

"Cat herding" - yep, that sums it up nicely :D. I've got several bass-parts recorded on this, none too bad... but what they really do is show up the a-rhythmical guitar part! ::)

The only reason I didn't bail on this version is I love the live vocal/guitar vibe. To do the full thing I'd want to arrange it properly and drop some of the guitar part (and make sure some of the groovy bits are all there and consistent). And if I was doing the vocal separately, I could do a much better one...

Won't happen yet though, there's loads of others need doing - some have been waiting more than 15 years!This one put 5 of the simpler ones back in the box this morning...
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Oldrottenhead

you are far too hard on yourself. it is ace.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Hilary

Don't mess with it Andy - it's just perfect the way it is.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Flash Harry

Quote from: Hilary on July 08, 2012, 01:52:43 PMAlways listen to your wife Andy, she knows what she's talking about  ;D

Ah, Now I see the truth.... :)

Brilliant Andy, great vocal.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.