niet kam ist (nowhere to go)

Started by #gpmproject, July 06, 2012, 12:04:45 PM

#gpmproject

niet kam ist
Time:
0:00
Volume:
hallo songcrafters, how are you?

I'm in depression :-) (no, just joke) this English weather makes me sick and tired. There was no summer and autumn is behind the door, so I'm playing my new electro acoustic guitar, bought from Germany - cheaper, cos' euro is falling down, so I saved about £80 on Epiphone EJ - 200 CE VS.

As I said before, I'm using now new recording items, audio interface and SONAR X1, and I've discovered magic of condenser microphones for acoustic guitar recording. It sounds much better, exactly and I'm trying to learn some mastering tricks.

BTW, I've got brand new song called NIET KAM IST (in Slovak language) and it's about rainy days and love between me and my girlfriend. So here is some translation for you.

c'mon, lets go making love
while it's raining out
it's grey sunday
and there's nowhere to go

we could have a wine
full bottle if you want
tonight I'll stay with you
cos' there's nowhere to go

lists of my old loves
are permanently deleted
I'm just looking for some docks
for my hungry hands
and there's nowhere to go tonight

c'mon, I'd like to kiss you now
while we're still in love
still is raining out
and there's nowhere to go..

something like that:-)

DeificDave

Nice sound, I found this one quite catchy as well as soulful, job well done!
"The universe is a million billion light-years wide, and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. This is the position of the universe with regards to human life." ― Martin Amis

http://www.youtube.com/user/deificd/videos

AndyR

Cute looking guitar, sounds pretty good as well!

What condensor mics are you using? (I'm experimenting with mic-ing up acoustics and looking for different things to try).

Cool song. Listened first without reading the lyric translation. I always try to listen without reading lyrics first, sometimes I don't even bother reading them if I get what I needed from the song.

Even without understanding, I DID get what I needed, but I read them anyway - and I love the directness of the message here.

Lovely stuff :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Oldrottenhead

nice one lubo, lovely warm sound, at times it sounds like there is an accordian low in the mix but i'm not sure, i think it could be some magical sonic interaction from the guitar parts.
braw tell yer maw
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Redler

A very nice and catchy pop tune, Lubo!! Slovak sounds great! Thanks for sharing lyrics!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hilary

1 mighty fine looking electro acoustic and a lovely song.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Hook

Very nice tune, guitar sounds great and your vocal is fabulous!
Talk to bruno about mic'ing the guitar he's done alot of experimenting with some very nice results. He's also a likeable chap! With that said, you've done a great job with that guitar sound I love it, crisp and clean, super nice!
I almost bought an Epiphone that looked like that, it was nice, I went cheaper!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Gnasty

Yeah echoing everyone`s words here. That guitar sounds fab and your vocals are pure goodness.
Awesome job on this song Lubo!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

#gpmproject

Quote from: AndyR on July 07, 2012, 01:11:13 AMCute looking guitar, sounds pretty good as well!

What condensor mics are you using? (I'm experimenting with mic-ing up acoustics and looking for different things to try).

Cool song. Listened first without reading the lyric translation. I always try to listen without reading lyrics first, sometimes I don't even bother reading them if I get what I needed from the song.

Even without understanding, I DID get what I needed, but I read them anyway - and I love the directness of the message here.

Lovely stuff :)

Hi Andy

I'm using RODE NT1 - A, and there, are some tricks how to get an acoustic guitar stereo sound in SONAR X1 producer. Maybe later I'll place order for some original guitar condenser, but I'm in very nice relationship with my girlfriend quite long time and if I don't want to loose her (cos' my hobby is expensive) it takes another 10 - 12 months man and it will costs me my bitter tears, works in the garden, romantic dinners etc...life is fight:-)

#gpmproject

Quote from: oldrottenhead on July 07, 2012, 03:23:19 AMnice one lubo, lovely warm sound, at times it sounds like there is an accordian low in the mix but i'm not sure, i think it could be some magical sonic interaction from the guitar parts.
braw tell yer maw

hallo legend, how are you? :-)

I don't know, probably it sounds different via your speakers, or maybe you're right, mine are not working properly when I'm mixing down recorded tracks. I've spoken to my friend couple of days ago, he's sound and mastering engineer in TV company and he said, that "less is sometimes more". I'm still learning mate, Sonar Producer is very difficult if you want to know how to use it for 100%. I hope, that final songs will better and better after few months:-) I think it needs original condenser mic for guitar recording not Rode NT1 - A.

BTW, thank you for your advice, I'll try change some settings during the weekend. This is what I really need, different look/ears and opinion. I've seen somewhere on internet, that usually when you're working on final mastering, mastered track will be sounds different every day. So I'm in that situation ;D