sonhos perdidos - (lost dreams)

Started by xicpanad, January 28, 2009, 03:28:36 AM

xicpanad

sonhos_perdidos
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This one is the second song in MBR. I wish i had more time for this...
Anyway, finished last night, so i´m still not happy with it, the voice wasn´t warmed up when i recorded it and sounds a little pushed, specially in the first chorus. I must mix this again too, but for now just wanted to show you how it is. Feel free to coment.
Cheers
Music is my life, life is my inspiration...

mr2kewl

xic

even if you wern't warmed up, you have a great voice. i think you have the start of another great song here. i would like to see you english translation of the words again.

markr
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

xicpanad

Well thank you!
Here´s the translation:

Another day is starting to shine again
but you don´t wanna wake up
once more, you´ll be who you don´t wan´t
head to toes

and at then you will
want to wake up
just to see if
you can change

|    one thousand dreams you´ve been living through
          |    but where´s the will to make them come true
 Chorus|    time goes by and he´ll never forgive
          |    priorities that you should forget

Another night that is starting to fall
one more day ended soon
Ideals from wich you won´t give up
And the time has stolen you

And in the end of everything
you´ll fall asleep
thinking in what you´ve
been loosing

| the dark night that sorrounds all the sadness
            | warning one more day to come
chorus 2 |you can live with such a beauty
            |starting to laugh but tou cry insted

repeat chorus 1

Greeny

This is lovely. The mixing needs some work, but the chord structures and melody really shine through. Just a suggestion - you should think about panning the main guitar right a little, and over-dubbing another guitar layer panned far left. It would add so much more depth. It's your song though, and it's a good one.

xicpanad

Thanks Greeny. That is exactly the stage where i am now  ;).
Any sugestions are welcome. One thing, all tracks where recorded mono. Do you think it´s ok to copy all of them and make stereo mixes for all tracks using the vtracks on MBR? Is this a good procedure to provide more depth or is it unnecessary?

Ferryman

No, don't do that, because it will still lack depth. You will end up with what others have called "big mono". To get a stereo effect, you need two different tracks panned left and right in the mix. Even playing exactly the same guitar lines but recording them on separate tracks will create a true stereo effect because the playing and timbre will vary slightly.

The best thing to do is to record one guitar track and then work out an accompanying guitar part and record that on a different track. Listen to Greeny and Indierik's work here - they do this very cleverly and create some great sounds.

It's a nice song by the way. It's worthy of the effort.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Quote from: xicpanad on January 28, 2009, 05:21:34 AMThanks Greeny. That is exactly the stage where i am now  ;).
Any sugestions are welcome. One thing, all tracks where recorded mono. Do you think it´s ok to copy all of them and make stereo mixes for all tracks using the vtracks on MBR? Is this a good procedure to provide more depth or is it unnecessary?

I always record mono tracks and create the impression of 'stereo' by panning the tracks L / R until they sound right. For me, it's better to have slightly different tones and / or strumming patterns on two mono tracks rather than a single stereo take of the same guitar. You can get more interesting variations like that. For example, I'll sometimes do the main acoustic guitar track with a mixture of MIC + GTR input, then add a second layer of acoustic just using the in-built MIC. For me, this adds a nice percussive strum.  Panning is really important too in getting a nice soundscape.

Not sure if I've explained this very well!

Keep experimenting though. The more time and thought you put in, the better the result  :)