Someday - AndyR Original

Started by AndyR, July 01, 2012, 05:13:29 AM

AndyR

Thanks guys.

The groove on it evolved during the various rehearsals and the previous takes. It wasn't there originally.

Funnily enough, the part actually evolved during the rehearsals and takes so that I could play it and sing it consistently, not to generate any particular groove for the listener. But I spotted it when it arrived and went "yeah!".

I kind of learnt something here. In the old days, playing something like this with a band, the band would impose some kind of groove on me which meant I had to change what I'd originally written. This used to p1ss me off no end! :D But here, I've done it to myself...

I actually spent quite a bit of time playing with percussion after the take was captured. But in the end I decided that all the things I was attempting weren't adding to it - the groove that makes your foot tap was already there in the guitar part and the interaction with the vocal, so I left it as it was. If I'd had a "John Lee Hooker" thing going (a block of wood with my foot-tapping on it as I played and sang), that would have would have worked - but I found it's not really possible to put it on afterwards!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

AndyR

(Just been listening to maxit's Rockabye Baby...) I reckon this thing could probably have done with some double-bass now...  ::)

Not sure I can be bothered to lug it up the stairs and open the project up again though... :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

bruno

Ah a bit of dem blooze.
Lovely sounding resonator and some great vox, classic.
B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

maxit

wow Andy, what a touch on guitar - and super soulful voice ! Most of all I envy you the killer precision - kinda really old country blues with a 'song' feels. Mmmm. I'm just now reading about alan lomax travels in the mississippi delta, and this just comes my way - beautiful!!!!
recorder
Audacity

Speed Demon

What a nice surprise to wake up to this morning.

Mississippi delta blues, and an excellent performance.

You rock!

Gene

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

TPB

Play dem blues boy way to make that tin sing. I think it is good just like this and nothing needs to be added. This has that back porch delta vibe all over it very Nice
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

AndyR

Thankee folks.

Just listened to it meself, and I'm satisified with it now :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Redler

A bluesy killer, Andy!! I love the touch you've on your guitar!! Yuor voice matchs well on this! Wow!!!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tangled Wires

I love this, and I really don't generally "do" blues music.

Such an intimate sound, and your vocal is just off the chart here...stunningly powerful.

As ever a musical post for you is guaranteed quality.

recorder
Boss Micro BR