Mod or Rocker

Started by Burtog, June 29, 2012, 03:49:15 PM

Burtog

Quadrophenia is on at the moment. Great film.

So would you have been a Mod or a Rocker??

Mod me thinks!
recorder
Boss BR-800

andy casson

Blimey, my first bands at 16/17 were the Who, but I loved AC/DC, BOC, Deep Purple etc, I remember having a denim jacket I painted the the Who's Next album cover on the back of, with the who badges next to the usual heavy rock ones. I used to get some odd looks from my rocker mates but didn't care, made perfect sense to me that they were the best live rock band in the world..... So I guess my answer is both!

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Burtog

rod?

Rods and Mockers......................good song/band name.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Oldrottenhead

think it was john lennon when asked the same question. replied "i'm a mocker"
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Burtog

Quote from: oldrottenhead on June 29, 2012, 04:21:06 PMthink it was john lennon when asked the same question. replied "i'm a mocker"

I guess Lennon was a rocker in the early days!
recorder
Boss BR-800

AndyR

I watched it (Quadrophenia) all the way through for the first time last night. Very interesting, seemed to explain a few things to me... (it even had some bearing on my indifference/dislike of "punk").

I was a rocker, definitely. Never understood "mods" (mind you, this was in the late 80s), they seemed to be missing some sort of point and trying to make a point of it!!

Watching this, and I know it's only a film and several people's point of view, I think I see what it is now - "mods" were just more confused. "Rockers" were more grounded and happy with their place in or outside society, "mods" (and "punks") seemed to want to impose their opinions on the rest of us.

With this, er, "definition", I was and always will be a "rocker" - others can do their "crazy sh1t" (that includes the mods, punks, grown-ups, the police, whoever), just shut the f*ck up and let me get on with my crazy sh1t.... for me, that's what a "rocker" is :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Hilary

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Oldrottenhead

i think erikson summed it up in his 8 stages of human development certainly in stage 5 Identity vs. Role Confusion.

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann