Holidays the horror

Started by peterp, June 24, 2012, 07:30:48 PM

peterp

Aboot to head for some hols.

But this time no room to pack any instrument(s).
Well I might be able to pack the Pan Pipes I still can't get a sound out, of and my trusty micro-br.
Maybe use it to scratchpad some song&lyric ideas.
But there is no power where we will be, so no recharging of batteries  >:(

This be a plot of the wifee, week of hiking cycling, and kayaking   ::)
She will probably try to bring those horrid unhealthy eatin vegetables along too  >:( instead of a healthy fryer.

This be some holidays I may not be surviving.  :P

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Hilary

Just think of the fun you'll have when you get back, you'll be about fit to burst! (take a notepad and pen and write your ideas, lyrics down btw) :)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

AndyR

I used to think like this, until I found there was a better way (for me, anyway).

I use holidays to get away from music!!!

As long as I know that's what I'm doing, I don't feel any withdrawal symptoms, it's quite nice acting/thinking like a "normal" person for a bit, and then when I get back I'm refreshed and ready to start again.

It took a while to get into doing this, but now it's the missus who goes "ooh look there's a live band on in the pub..." and I'm going "yeah, but there's a nice walk along the front..."

BUT - with the way you're feeling about it now, many commiserations, I know exactly what it's like :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

launched

Well, you're probably away by now. If you didn't bring anything musical, you probably aren't missing it that much. Sometimes there's no time for it anyway.

But if you record vocals, there's a chance you may have missed it. I did manage to bring my MBR to Venezuela, and recorded vocals to a song that I had partially written. The six rechargable  batteries I brought were plenty enough, and took up very little room. But then again, I have recorded vocals all over the place and love the MBR for that. It is always with me...
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover