Overwhelming - an original by Hook and Bruno

Started by bruno, June 23, 2012, 04:11:32 PM

bruno

Track 112 - overwhelming
Time:
0:00
Volume:
DIY Fest (banner image missing)

All instruments were played - including the ketchup bottle filled with rice (Brown -> healthy!) - so submit to DIYfest.

Hook sent me the uke and vox for this great little track this afternoon - I thought, I need a Djemba (wanted one for ages, so the best excuse :) ), so bought it and had a play.

I apologise profusely from my drumming although I love the sound of this drum, my playing sucks - sorry Hook!

Hook - hope you like it despite the drumming!

B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

thetworegs

Great collab ....throughly enjoyed ..love that uke.....and the drumming ...dont be so hard on yourself Bruno..not to mention the lyrics and vocal Hook....Bravo

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Hilary

Another great collab from destiny's Dream Team! Real catchy chord progression on the uke and Bruno - is there anything you can't do?
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

SE

Really catchy tune, humming it already, great lyrics too and the little guitar solo around 3.30 sounded great, all in all a really cool collab!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Hook

Rock on! Rock on! Rock on!
I dig it bruno my friend and thank you so very much for spending time with this tune. I love the drums and all the additions, just downloading know so will listen more closely soon. What I dig most about it is the mix/mastering, the feel of the tune is so open and...well...cool! Like sitting on a porch with a beer on a beautiful, cool day! Oh and the harmony on the count off ;D ;D!

Like bruno said, I wrote & recorded this yesterday morning, live w/the br900, just me & my uke; and knew right away I wanted to send it to bruno & he did what he does & I love it!

Overwhelming
written & performed by bruno & Hook
I'm a visitor with nothing like a green card
I'm a prisoner except my cell has no bars
I'd be a victim except I'd have to try to hard
I'd be a martyr but that might take things too far

Too far to see the distance between
            Point A & point B it's overwhelming

I'm a pacifist, wanna make something of it!
I'm a philanthropist with a really tight budget
I'm a thinker; at least I scratch my head a lot
I'd be a historian if it weren't for the things that I forgot

Chorus

To see all the things that I wont be
     Some a conscious choice others destiny
     & what do you know
    Destiny will bring us a guitar solo

Chorus
Oh and I'm really surprised you got the fest ok, I don't think it qualifies on the basis of it being a collaboration. Don't be too mad when admin strips this of that wonderful banner!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

64Guitars

Quote from: Hook on June 24, 2012, 05:47:12 AMOh and I'm really surprised you got the fest ok, I don't think it qualifies on the basis of it being a collaboration. Don't be too mad when admin strips this of that wonderful banner!

Oh, sh*t! I didn't even notice that. You're right. Collabs don't qualify for DIY Fest. Oh, well. I guess I better leave it there now. Otherwise, bruno might be mad at you for pointing it out. ;)

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

bruno

Quote from: 64Guitars on June 24, 2012, 12:01:11 PM
Quote from: Hook on June 24, 2012, 05:47:12 AMOh and I'm really surprised you got the fest ok, I don't think it qualifies on the basis of it being a collaboration. Don't be too mad when admin strips this of that wonderful banner!

Oh, sh*t! I didn't even notice that. You're right. Collabs don't qualify for DIY Fest. Oh, well. I guess I better leave it there now. Otherwise, bruno might be mad at you for pointing it out. ;)

Ah, I didn't even think about that - opps, sorry 64G.

Hook - saw this, a sign on the M3 - you have a place in England named after you  ;D ;D ;D ;D

recorder
Boss BR-1600

launched

Fab tune guys!  I thought all the drummin' was great, and sweet vox as usual from the Hookmeister!

Got a solution for the DIY categorization - You both play so well together, It's like only one person is playing. So the song should stay! ;D
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

64Guitars

Quote from: bruno on June 24, 2012, 12:19:06 PMHook - saw this, a sign on the M3 - you have a place in England named after you  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Not only one. There are several Hooks in the U.K. according to Wikipedia.

Hook, East Riding of Yorkshire

Hook, London

Hook, Fareham, south Hampshire

Hook, Hart, north Hampshire

Hook, Pembrokeshire

Hook, Wiltshire

There's also a song by Blues Traveler called "Hook".

Because the hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdz5kCaCRFM

And let's not forget the movie.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour