"Florida 2013" a bruno & Hook original

Started by Hook, June 19, 2012, 08:24:34 AM

bruno

Thanks for the great comments all.
I, like Hook, have not a lot of Reggae in my music collection (apart from some early Police). So why so a Reggae tune? Well a few reasons. Firstly I was browsing the web (as you do) and stumbled across a reggae band's site - listen to some of their music and thought the overall sound was great, kinda open, sparse drums, deep deep bass, and a great overall feel - and was wondering if I could get close to that sound? Secondly, I never played in a band where someone didn't break out in a Reggae beat/style at some point during a rehearsal - resulting is big-cheesey grins all around. Finally, I wanted to hear Hook sing some Reggae  ;D

I learned that playing Reggae is no where as simple as you may perceive, but it was great fun to do. I am so, so pleased with the outcome of this collaboration, this is on permanent loop in the car - many thanks Hook.

NB What was in my head, as the B. family are planning a FL trip in 2013, was kinda a holiday song - hence the name. However all Hook had to go on was the mp3 name. The Mayan lyrics Hook produced are totally unexpected, and completely brilliant - hats on to the Hook-meister, he is THE man. Rock on Bro.  :) :) :) :)

B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Hook

End of the world bump! only 16 days left!!
Just enough time to Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

bruno

Haha - better party with only 16 days to go :-)
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

launched

Ahh, I had to take the bump bait - Well worth it though. I remember this and enjoyed the results of this fine collab!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

MrBud

Really nice smooth bass..Great vocals and overall recording. Nice little guitar riffs fit in just right.
Up And Adam

Geir

Very cool guys. Somehow missed this the first time around. Glad it was bumped.

Great collab. Love the music, love the vocals! And I'm really looking forward to hearing a live recording of you guys !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Redler

Cool job guys!!!! Sounds a real reggae hit to me!! Nice additions all around!
I just realized that this is from December, so thanks Mark for bumping this!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

kenny mac

This actually has the same chord structure as jamming by stevie wonder.
There is a cool vibe to it and the vocal sits right into it nicely :r2. Perfect tune for a hot lazy day.

thetworegs

Missed this one ....excellent job allround chaps.....Break a leg in Florida!!

If Life is a dream then use your imagination