"And So To Twilight" a Falsies song

Started by chapperz66, June 17, 2012, 10:53:11 AM

Nelson

Damn it man, it is long...

But worth every second.

9 months eh? You've done one hell of a job and still working on it, huh.

That's very impressive, folks are in too much of a hurry to finish a song these days.

Greatness takes time and patience, good luck with it.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

SE

Prog tastic lots of influences in there, an absolute monster of a track which just flew by, quality all the way, terrific listen, can,t wait for the next one
recorder
Boss BR-80

chapperz66

Thanks for all the great comments people.  I was a bit worrried that this song sounded a bit too disjointed even for an old progger like me.  The nine months is of course elapsed time since I started it, rather than how much time I actually worked on it.  Often weeks went by without me touching it, and then when I did get some time again it took a while to get my head back in the same place with the piece. I came up with the basic structure for the verse and chorus parts last September - and then started a work contract that keeps me in hotels at least 3 night a week. 

My major self criticism of the song is that I should have spent more time on the drum programming.  I used my usual method of putting down a few basic patterns in my Yamaha Motif and then changing parts, adding breaks etc.  The double bass drum part in the wild middle section took me a while to do, but there are a few places which I should have tidied up a bit, and some of the tom-tom breaks sound too "Eastenders" (the brits reading this will know what I mean by this).  I just wanted the song finished so I could move on, not least because it will be the final song on our second album's worth of material.  I'm sure that Nick's real bass will add greatly to it. 

The prize for identifying the Chapman guitar solo goes to......Geir.  I did the first one.

All the best

Paul Chapman

Speed Demon

Hello Paul, nice to hear from you again.

Isn't life a pain in the butt, sometimes. It keeps interfering with your fun time.

It certainly sounds to me like you and your friends had one hell of a good time producing this tune.

Who did the editing and mixing?

No point in repeating the same superlatives. This one seriously does it all for me.

Well done.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Jarle

Fantastic songwriting. The different parts really fit together. This is truly one song of ten minutes, not several songs put together.

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800