"And So To Twilight" a Falsies song

Started by chapperz66, June 17, 2012, 10:53:11 AM

chapperz66

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

We have finally finished another Falsies song.  I've been so busy with "dayjob" work that I seldom get time to devote to music.  As a result this song took me about 9 months to get the music together.  Nick (nightcaller) added lyrics and vocals and I got Mark Drozdz to add 3 of the 4 guitar solos.  (4 guitar solos - madness!) The rest of the music is just me - although Nicky is working on replacing my keyboard bass with real bass.

The song is far from perfect but I had to draw a line under it.  By the way it is a ridiculously long 10 minutes so I apologise in advance.

Hope everyone is well.

Paul Chapman

[soundclick]11711654&q[/soundclick]

Riche

Well I loved it. Great track guys.

Rich

Geir

Another falsies song !!!!!!!!!! OH YEAH !! That's always a good way to start the week !!

As always there's a lot to take in, and so much wonderful stuff happening throughout the song.

Truly amazing song !!

Which solo is yours? The first? All of them are rather fabulous btw :D

Quote from: chapperz66 on June 17, 2012, 10:53:11 AMBy the way it is a ridiculously long 10 minutes so I apologise in advance.
DON'T EVER apologise for that again !!! ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

SwanSong

HI Paul great comp...,would really fit well in a film score setting
loved the style and creativity . great job. cheers NEIL.!

bruno

Wow - I can't imagine spending 9 months on a song! Fabulous production, and loads of layers in the music. Amazing job.
B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

AndyR

Wow, it's a monster!

I'm guessing the outro solo is you? That seems to be the one (on first listen) that sounds like a different player to me... I'm not putting any money on it though :D

Nice one, lots to take in. I have a feeling that real bass will take it to another level.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

launched

Sweeeet track Paul!

False Prophet is always worth a listen!!! You guys always have amazing stuff going on.

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

andy casson

Excellent listen guys, 10 mins flew by! I don't know how you can spend 9 months on one track Paul, I struggle with 3-4 hours (could be 3-4 mins...)! Some great vocals as always by NC, and some absolutely wonderful solo's

andy

Farrell Jackson

Bravo Paul and crew! This is classic prog and I love it all! No need to apologize for the 10 minute length....it could have been 20 and I would have still been glued to the monitors anxiously waiting for the next rockin' prog change up. Nice one and well worth 9 months attention!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?